1.    #1  
    The pre isn't the only webOS device. It was at one point, but not anymore. So, I understand why in the beginning they chose to call it precentral, because in the beginning it was only the pre. Now, though, you have pixi's, and soon you're going to have Veer's and TouchPad's, too. Wouldn't a change of name be nice? It's just an idea, I have thought about the negatives of changing the name. I'm just saying, though.
    yeah I think we're all still waiting to see what the name of this site will eventually be.

however, its been pre, pre plus, pre 2, and pre 3...so palm and hp are keeping that name alive.

until their flagship device changes to a new name and/or the pre name is retired, "precentral" will live on.

odd though that precentral corrects to "central" when typing in webos 2.1. Come on palm.
    how bout palm central?

an ode to palm would be nice
    with the next phone coming out (not veer) being the pre3 i doubt there is a chnce in ##%@ that the name will change anytime soon lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    That is a good point Shadvis, which is a shame because I want to hold onto my Pixi plus for another two years at least, and i fear that with all the attention that the pre models and the new veer will get... <sigh>

Just not veercentral.com!
    Stantri Nineco
    Austin Based Freelance Writer
    WebOSCentral is a pretty terrible name.
    HP doesn't use the word "Palm" on the three devices they announced in Feb (a mistake IMHO) so it isn't likely that the word Palm would be part of any site name. As long as they keep using the Pre name (another mistake IMHO) it works for this site, too.
  8.    #8  
    I'd really like for the site to be dowsed in a blu-ish hue, at least. Mimicking the change in color of the webOS dialer from green to blue.
    webOSCentral is an awful name...

And with the Pre name still being carried... it seems to make sense to keep the name as is... dont fix it if it isnt broken right?

That said...

how about www. themostincredibleawesomespectactularfunlandcarnivalridemagicalfantasymobileoperatingsystemthatiswebO S .com

Now THATS a name...
  10.    #10  
    Haha. Hey guys, one question. How do I delete a thread that I created?
    hit the report button on the OP and a moderator will delete it for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by pecbquest04 View Post
    I'd really like for the site to be dowsed in a blu-ish hue, at least. Mimicking the change in color of the webOS dialer from green to blue.
    I agree with this. I've really grown to dislike the green, and another color would be more in keeping with 2.x.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewanders View Post
    webOSCentral is an awful name...

how about www. themostincredibleawesomespectactularfunlandcarnivalridemagicalfantasymobileoperatingsystemthatiswebO S .com

Now THATS a name...
    just checked whois, and it's taken.