Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    For some reason I cannot log onto the main Precentral page - the only pages that work are the Forums and the Accessories.

This just started two days ago - there was a big storm in Tampa, but that may have just been coincidence. My wife can't log on, either, no matter which browser we use.

Any ideas?
    Don't really know. May have been a momentary network or power glitch. I am from California and have no connection issues.
  3.    #3  
    It's been two days now - not sure what's happening. I don't know if somehow my service provider is blocking it.
    Do you access via your phone as well? Do you run into the same issues?
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    I've been having the same problem as well. openDNS reports this about the nameservers:

=============
    Nameserver trace for PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community
    Looking for who is responsible for root zone and followed m.root-servers.net.
    Looking for who is responsible for net and followed g.gtld-servers.net.
    Looking for who is responsible for precentral.net and followed ns28.domaincontrol.com.

Nameservers for PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community
    ns27.domaincontrol.com
    ns28.domaincontrol.com returned (NORECORDS)
    =============

I guess it could openDNS or my isp (Astound) with the problem. I just tried on my phone with wifi off and it connects fine.
    Same problem. I wonder what changed. IE9, FF4, and Chrome 10, on multiple computers. Assume it's something on provider side(DSL). Precentral (Unofficial) works fine on my Pre Plus(Verizon 3G).
    I have the same problem. When try to log in: "precentral.net/log_in", it always bring me to: "precentral.net/log_in?show_recovery_links=true". I thought I lost the password and reset it through: "precentral.net/reset_password". Nothing works. Is there any trick unknown to login?
    Same problem here as well.
    Charter internet connection.
    Appears to be some kind of DNS issue.
    I get server failed when I try to nslookup PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community
    Can go to forums.precentral.net just fine though.
    I am referring this to the people who has access to the network side of things.
    Having the same problem.
    I've had the same problem (or what sounds like the same problem) and got a fix. Here were the tell-tale features for me:

(1) The problem was a message about a failed DNS lookup. But it appeared on a page that was not from my browser, and which was clearly an external a web page;
    (2) I had this problem on my work PC, but not at home, nor on my mobile.
    (3) The problem was with www. and m.precentral.net, but not forums.precentral.net
    (4) Examining the HTTP headers coming back from the web server it appeared the server returning the error page was called "ScanSafe"

I contacted my company's IT Helpdesk with the details, plus my suspicion that it might be blocked by a firewall. (ScanSafe is a network security service run by Cisco, and used by my company.)

Sure enough they confirmed my suspicions and fixed the problem. I would relay how they fixed this, but I think it's improper for me to reveal how my company manages their security.
    There is definitely a problem on precentral.net's nameservers.

I tried with two different nameservers, one resolves www, the other one not. But both nameservers return the same SOA record:

Server A:
    precentral.net has SOA record ns27.domaincontrol.com. dns.jomax.net. 2011031102 28800 7200 604800 86400

And Server B:
    precentral.net has SOA record ns27.domaincontrol.com. dns.jomax.net. 2011031102 28800 7200 604800 86400

However, if I ask from the nameserver which returns SERVFAIL directly domaincontrol.com, I get:

Code:
    host www.precentral.net ns27.domaincontrol.com
    Using domain server:
    Name: ns27.domaincontrol.com
    Address: 216.69.185.14#53
    Aliases: 

www.precentral.net is an alias for precentral.net.
    So, they changed their records some days ago. The www A record contains an invalid entry, since the domaincontrol nameserver tells me, www is a CNAME for @, I assume, they had an invalid CNAME record for www.

The cause, why it works on one nameserver and not on another one is, that they obviously found the error, fixed it but did NOT update the serialnumber in the SOA record. Therefore the invalid A record remains in nameservers which have it, until the TTL (time to live) expires.

Shame on them.
    It's still not fixed. Don't precentral staff read the forums? Obvioulsy not. Vollpfosten.
    Yes we read the forums. It happened to me for the first time a few minutes ago. I went directly to the forums and then went to the front page by clicking on the P|C header. Not sure what happened but it seems to be loading now.

When it did happen, I got a generic white page error message: You are restricted from viewing this page
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    DNS lookup no longer returns an error I get:

But still can't reach main page. It doesn't seem to exist at that IP
    Yeah I am having the same problem and I am trying to get preware but the only way to get it is through the main page...
    We're looking into it
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    We're looking into it
    it loads on the precentral news(unoff) app. The one made by science apps. Go figure
    greatest site on the internet...of course i use to say that about my motorcycle site...intruderalert.com...ok your tied

I've experienced the problem on my pre and on my laptop...fiqured it was because i load up in to many browsers and mobile sites....i see thats not the case...thanks for working on it
    Yep. Having this problem too. (having withdrawals!) I hope it gets fixed soon!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast