1. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    I couldn't think of a place to put this so I thought here?

I was wandering around the other forums that are linked from here - there is an android one, crackberry and TIPB - as I understand it, the same people are behind them all?

So why is the layout of the other forums so awful? I'm just curious why treo-central/pre-central is the only one where the forum is not squashed down the left handside of the screen? Is there a historical reason for this?
    Good question! The other forums are pretty terrible... I've tried to get into Android Central, but it just wasn't a good experience.

I've been really enjoying XDA though.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    I couldn't think of a place to put this so I thought here?

I was wandering around the other forums that are linked from here - there is an android one, crackberry and TIPB - as I understand it, the same people are behind them all?

So why is the layout of the other forums so awful? I'm just curious why treo-central/pre-central is the only one where the forum is not squashed down the left handside of the screen? Is there a historical reason for this?
    they have ads displayed unless you log in, cause well they get more traffic than us :/
  4. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    they have ads displayed unless you log in, cause well they get more traffic than us :/
    Ah... right.. That's a bit of a chicken and an egg, it would never occur to me to sign up because the sites look so awful to start with. They might want to make that fact a bit clearer.
    because we are cool. End of subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    So the others are just ugly on the outside, and this one on the inside, where it counts?
    is it safe in here now?
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    That's actually a good question.

I'm not really sure.

<<moved>>
    Maybe here you'll get a reply from those who know.
    Just call me Berd.