Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    We're looking for writers for the PreCentral homepage blog. The ideal candidates will be able to post at least 1-2 news stories every weekday and be able to write these stories without requiring much editing. Write well, write fast, and write often. It's a paid freelance position but not, I should stress, highly paid

Interested? send us an email at jobs@precentral.net. Instructions on what to include are below - note that ability to follow instructions is our first filter on job applications.

---

Subject line exactly as you see it in between these here quotes, but put your name in: "Writing for PreCentral.net - Your Name Here"

Plain text-only emails, no attachments.

An idea of how many blog posts per day or per week you'd be 1) able to write 2) interested in writing, and 3) when. Be honest here -- if your number feels a little small to you then it will probably feel a little small to us. You might also let us know how much of a newshound and a forumhound you are.

Two sample blog posts about webOS. These must be new and not something you've written elsewhere. What kind of post should you write? We're specifically looking for help with daily news stories and quick-app reviews. If you see

Finally, tell us your forum username, twitter handle, or something else you'd like us to know. Keep it short, though.

---

We won't be able to respond to pretty much everybody who applies, so don't be hurt if you don't get an email back.
    Just a recommendation:

In my opinion, forum member BARYE is an excellent writer. You're probably already familiar with him, as he's been here for quite some time.

You might want to send him a PM to ask him about this if he doesn't notice it.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Man I would love to do this but with 5 kids at home 3 weeks, 3, 5, 7 and 16 plus working a 40 hrs week job, personal time is really kind of scarce!
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I passed on this last time because I didn't know what kind of time I could afford it, but I'm NOT doing that again! PreCentral & webOS take up a ton of my time already, why not actually write for P|C?!?
    Can you imagine if my long and rambling posts were to actually show up on the front page?!? That just couldn't be good for business... But it sure would be fun!
    I applied last time. Since I was never contacted, I presume that meant you didn't want me, so I guess reapplying won't make a difference this time.
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!
    I've already done just this type of writing for several sites, but no longer have an interest in it.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I've done this before for gomonews.com, and would like to do it, but I'd rather do a smaller number of pieces than feel compelled to churn out filler.
    The Developer is the Customer - Richard Kerris

John Kneeland | Community & Developer Relations | Palm GBU | Hewlett-Packard Company

Feel free to reach out to me! john.kneeland (at) palm
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    I'm guessing you have to be 18?
    I love my Pre :P

Follow me on Twitter!
    Quote Originally Posted by mfaye21 View Post
    I'm guessing you have to be 18?
    why??
    you could be 10 as long as you can write your good !! lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    why??
    Because for most jobs you have to be 18 for whatever company you are applying for to legally employ you. Not sure why some some can and some can't.

Follow me on Twitter!
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    HA. Ya, i'm not THAT young.

Follow me on Twitter!
    write well
    Quote Originally Posted by mfaye21 View Post
    Because for most jobs you have to be 18 for whatever company you are applying for to legally employ you. Not sure why some some can and some can't.
    16 is ususally legal age in most states.. but im not sure youll get a "check" maybe a paypal deposit
    I'd be looking for a brown paper bag full of cash left on a park bench at midnight myself.
    Email sent. :fingers crossed:
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Email sent. :fingers crossed:
    Sweet! Would love to see an article by you .. Good luck!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    wow im was way off lol my bad lol

Last edited by Shadavis08; 01/30/2011 at 07:32 PM.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Just so ya know this is not a paid job lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ad
    It's a paid freelance position but not, I should stress, highly paid
    It is, actually.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast