Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone else seeing weirdness with comments to front-page articles? If I refresh the front page, it shows there's 9 comments on an article, going into the story shows 6, then I refresh and it shows 3, (but not 3 new ones) and then again and 4, and it just seems like it's not keeping up to date very well.

It's not one specific story either but I've seen it on a few articles recently since the switch to the newer system.
    shows none for me. And this is for all posts
    I've noticed that I haven't been able to see any comments off and on over the last few days.
    I've noticed a few discrepancies, but just figured it was due to the new spam filters catching stuff.
    I've noticed it as well. Perhaps some is due to spam but I see "valid" comments appear then disappear then reappear depending on how many times I refresh.
    I think we're better off without the majority of those comments anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by ••dbdoinit View Post
    +1

"First"

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    I've seen this behavior sporadically ever since the new comment system was implemented.
    Quote Originally Posted by ••dbdoinit View Post
    but...but...some of those posts were mine...

Actually, I have posted a few comments that didn't show up. Maybe they are in the filter process? If so, they'll never see the light of day!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

We're working on caching issues.
    Yep, noticing that too. Seen once there are 89 comments but I only see 6.

I originally thought it was the crappy proxy.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Anyone else having problems with comments on the main page of precentral? I write a comment and it doesnt show up. Plus the articles are showing only few comments instead of all.

Anyone else having issues?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    We're working on caching issues.
    Ah...the old replicating cache in a cluster issue eh? Love those! (not really)
    Yep same here, but not sure what the problem is with the comments. Here is my system info just in case it helps.

Win7 (x64)
    IE 8.0.7600

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    <threads merged>
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    The workaround to see all of the comments is to post a comment of your own.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    We are hoping to fix it tonight!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    The workaround to see all of the comments is to post a comment of your own.
    Yeah but don't TELL everybody that!!!1 :P
    I'm still seeing the issue today. None of the article comment sections are updating. I had the same issue yesterday, but then later in the day all the comment sections finally updated.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast