Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm tired of loading up the mobile site first (default when you go to precentral.net) every time I want the full site, in fact I never want to see the mobile site on my phone ever. I even tried copying the link at the bottom and put it in my bookmark ( | http://m.precentral.net/#full_version_site]) but even that won't get me to the full site first.

Anyone know how to make the full site the default to a bookmark without having to load the mobile first?

This is really frustrating and even sites like Engadget and Gizmodo allow you to bookmark the full site.
    Well, that link that you listed is for the mobile site, not the full site.

When I had the Pre, I used to use the iPhone useragent spoof, from webOS QI and never had that problem.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    I'm tired of loading up the mobile site first (default when you go to precentral.net) every time I want the full site, in fact I never want to see the mobile site on my phone ever. I even tried copying the link at the bottom and put it in my bookmark ( | http://m.precentral.net/#full_version_site]) but even that won't get me to the full site first.

Anyone know how to make the full site the default to a bookmark without having to load the mobile first?

This is really frustrating and even sites like Engadget and Gizmodo allow you to bookmark the full site.

is like saying " i want a mobile site on my desktop computer " dude, u r on a mobile device and pretty much u will get mobile informations in it.. You want the full site.. login on a laptop..
    I agree with the original poster, I don't want the mobile version, but there seems to be no way to pull up the non mobile by default. Mobile versions of sites can be nice, take yahoo's mobile site.
    PreCentral is not one of these. It just gives you some text, no pictures and nothing more then headlines to the stories. The non mobile site is much better as you get all the most recent stories and images to go with them.
    Please PC update this or give us a link that we can bookmark to avoid the mobile version.
    Then, you also may want to try the iPhone useragent patch. With it, it's much easier to get the regular sites.
    I don't think it exists anymore. I think there was talk of not making the userbase appear smaller then it already is. I checked in preware searching for anything containing iphone and specificaly under browser and I can't find it.
    I don't know that it would help anyway as I'm sure the iphone reports as mobile and would load up the mobile site too. Doesn't your EVO default to mobile too when you go to precentral.net? Maybe PC thinks the full site only looks good with a bigger screen
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jovanny27 View Post
    is like saying " i want a mobile site on my desktop computer " dude, u r on a mobile device and pretty much u will get mobile informations in it.. You want the full site.. login on a laptop..
    I don't think you know how the "mobile informations" works. Almost every site including Precentral has a full version that you can access with your mobile. I just want that link.

I want that link to work like it does on every other site I visit i.e. engadget.com, gizmodo.com, cnn.com, etc... I don't have to load their mobile site first every time I go there. Maybe the first time I get the mobile site but once I go the full site version I never have to see the mobile site again the next time I go back.

Trust me it's out there, it works and there is no reason why Precentral can't also join in the modern tech revolution now that most phones can view full web pages.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Then, you also may want to try the iPhone useragent patch. With it, it's much easier to get the regular sites.
    That will not prevent the mobile site from appearing first every time, if anything it will make sure it does. It also has been know to mess up other sites for the Pre which is why it is no longer used.
    Quote Originally Posted by rich_halvorson View Post
    I don't think it exists anymore. I think there was talk of not making the userbase appear smaller then it already is. I checked in preware searching for anything containing iphone and specificaly under browser and I can't find it.
    I don't know that it would help anyway as I'm sure the iphone reports as mobile and would load up the mobile site too. Doesn't your EVO default to mobile too when you go to precentral.net? Maybe PC thinks the full site only looks good with a bigger screen
    it was NEVER in preware... find it in wOQI
    can someone with the patch confirm if it actually works or not? If it does what are we saying as a community when precentral loads nice with graphics for an iphone, but just text for us webos users?
    If you look at my first post, I said it was in webOS QI, not Preware! It's under the tweaks and you have to have your phone hooked up via USB to use it.

And no, my Evo doesn't default to mobile, even the sites that do, give me the option of switching to the regular site.
  12.    #12  
    can someone with the patch confirm if it actually works or not? If it does what are we saying as a community when precentral loads nice with graphics for an iphone, but just text for us webos users?
    It does not bring up the full version. Confirmed!

I used iphone agent in Firefox and it comes up as a mobile site as it should. People are confusing the timing in which Precentral recently switched to forcing our phones to go to the mobile version.
    It's only one extra tap to get to the full site, is that really horrible?

My question for the OP is, why do you ever close the card once you are on the full site? That's the beauty of cards and multi-tasking...

just askin
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    When I type precentral.net into my Pre's browser I get the full site.
    it's funny that the EVO wouldn't report itself as mobile to then and get the mobile page. I guess it must report differently though it sounds like from verwons post that at least some sites can tell.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post

My question for the OP is, why do you ever close the card once you are on the full site? That's the beauty of cards and multi-tasking...

just askin
    It's not the tap, it's that I have to have the page load twice. I have to wait for the mobile app to load and again for the full site to load. Since I go to Precentral a lot during the day it gets annoying. Is it really that hard to get a full site link?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post

just askin
    the beauty of bookmarks are that they take you were you want to go to. Except precentral.net
    +1 for full site preference
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    It's not the tap, it's that I have to have the page load twice. I have to wait for the mobile app to load and again for the full site to load. Since I go to Precentral a lot during the day it gets annoying. Is it really that hard to get a full site link?
    Probably harder than for you to leave the card open on your Pre once you have the site open... ?

But I agree that it's aways nice when we can check "remember this" for choices.
    I always used the iphone spoof on my Pre, it's still installed on it. Never had a problem with it.

Don't know why it doesn't work for you. Once i clicked once that I wanted the full site, that's what I got from them on.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast