Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    this wasn't a problem until the site was recently updated. If you follow the link from the mobile page you will get the full page, but after closing your browser and going back you'll be at the mobile site again. I think even with the spoof it will still direct you there.as desugar proved by updating what firefox reports back on his desktop browser
  2.    #22  
    Some people claim they can get the full site version over and over while others like me cannot. Either way seems like some sort of issue and far as I know Precentral is the ONLY site I have this problem with.

I've cleared my History, Cookies and Cache again. I did this not too long ago and got the full site for a while but started to get mobile after some time.

I'll try it again but like I said I've never had this problem with any other site.

Crossing fingers...
    Spoof makes it look like a different mobile phone. Different, but mobile.

ow about leaving the card open to the full site once you are there?
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Spoof makes it look like a different mobile phone. Different, but mobile.

ow about leaving the card open to the full site once you are there?
    I have a Pre minus, so if you want to give me a plus I'll stop complaining. Otherwise I don't leave anything open if I don't have to.

Telling users to leave a card open to Precentral to ensure the ability to view the full site is like when Steve Jobs told iPhone users to hold their phone differently to get better reception when the iPhone 4 came out. It just sounds stupid, lazy and devoid of any concern or sympathy.
    Even on my ipod touch i'm getting mobile version. So wouldn't spoof agent do same?
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Yes, spoof agent just makes the site think its an iphone. Not helpful here.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    Even on my ipod touch i'm getting mobile version. So wouldn't spoof agent do same?
    [sigh] Yes, that's what I'm trying to tell everyone.
    @deesugar I am not disagreeing with you at all. I don't have anything to do with CenTral and I know nothing about how it works. I was just making a suggestion.

in the main page you should use the 'tip' link to voice your concerns to them.
    All I did was try to tell people what I had in my Pre and how it worked for me.

I hate the mobile site, it's completely useless and if I'd gotten it all the time, I'd have been complaining, too. I don't blame anyone that doesn't want to get it all the time.

Maybe you should all just resort to using the Forums app?
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    @deesugar I am not disagreeing with you at all. I don't have anything to do with CenTral and I know nothing about how it works. I was just making a suggestion.

in the main page you should use the 'tip' link to voice your concerns to them.
    I hear ya' just thought this thread was getting a little off track of my question which is now more of a point if there is no solution except CenTral to fix the site, which I hope more people will chime in if they feel the way I do.

And I will be voicing my concern on the 'tip' link. I encourage everyone else to do as well.
    funny this was mentioned, prior to getting the unofficial app, I never had a problem finding the "real" site, but someone mentioned some update and of course you're right....it is a mobile site. HOWEVER, I disagree with your sentiments about keeping cards open unless you have a Pre+. I have a normal Pre, OC'ed SS1000/500, no cache. Having 10 or 15 cards open normally isn't that big of a deal, on occasion it crashes, but once in a blue moon.

I used to have the same mindset... I liked a nice tidy phone with 0 clutter, but working out of a truck all day long, I have my work browser open, a map(Google), usually 2 or 3 forum pages open(because it's easier for me to open up PC on my wave and hit the forum button again instead of searching for where I was), the main PC site, an email account, sms card or 2, and maybe Music Player Remix(depending on the batt level of my FM tx-er) and the best card to have open among all that....especially if it's that clutter issue, Clear Card. Oya and the phone dialer.

Don't get me wrong, I do clean it up every few hours or so, and get rid of my duplicates, but it is possible and it is using it to its full potential.

For the record, I (and to be honest, it didn't seem like anyone else was either) am not trying to sound stupid, lazy and devoid of any concern and/or sympathy.

I personally use the PreCentral (Unofficial) App (JDF software) and like it a lot.
  12.    #32  
    It's official, after clearing History, Cookies and Cache after the 7th time it's now reverting to the mobile site. Weird and frustrating.
    Okay, I've just gone through the agony of waiting for my Pre to boot up.

If I use my bookmark for here, I get the full site, however, I get the mobile site if I type it into the browser.
    I clicked the link for the full site, let it load, then closed the browser. I reopened it and went back and still got the full site.

Now, I'm turning the damn thing off, again. LOL
    Hey, that works. I just went to the full site, then put a shortcut on a launch page, and now it opens the full site. I even went to the mobile site, closed the card. Opened up the full link and it opened the full site. Cool.
    Yeah, I hadn't thought of the fact that I created a bookmark a long time ago.

Posted from my eVo!
    The preference for the full site should set a cookie with a fairly long life (at least a month) that you prefer to use the full site on your device. It's a bug that it's not working and we're looking into it.
    To change between loading the full or mobile site, look for the link on the bottom of either page that says something like "Show Full Site" or "Show Mobile Site". that will set your cookie going forward on which site to load
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Here you go.
    Login | Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I always used the iphone spoof on my Pre, it's still installed on it. Never had a problem with it.
    Ditto on the No problems.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast