Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well, I popped on the front page and saw an article about a possible new Pixi with a front facing camera. I clicked on the link and it took me to a 404 type page which suggested the article was gone or had never been created. When I went back it was gone.

There was a picture attached to it, with a question that asked whether this was a wishful thinking photo-shopped picture or the real McCoy.

You can google to find the link. They didn't have time to cache the story though.

I can't find a cached picture. Sorry.

Interesting though.
    I saw it too... but it was gone within minutes. Must be something to its veracity
  3.    #3  
    My guess is that they were asked to pull it. I really believe that HP is ready for CES but just keeping tight lipped, which makes me excited.

This is fun!
    I saw this as well and thought I was losing my mind when I tried to read the story.

It is interesting that the new Pixi did not look different other than the camera.
    Yes... I too think a pic of a new model slipped out, and HP/Palm asked them to remove the article. "If" true, HP/Palm must monitor this site 24/7 :-O
    Glad they took it down, but it shouldn't have gone up in the first place. I remember the article was insinuating that it may be a Pixi 2 or something. It would have been nice for them to do some fact-checking before resorting to the usual rumor mongering.

Articles that were mentioned:
    Source: Twitter / Isaac Torres: @precentral why does the p ...
    Page that was linked: Sprint | Palm® Pixi™

However...

This is an image that has been around: Sprint touts Palm Pixi's nonexistent WiFi | xphonecell Note the date.

Sprint Says Palm Print Has WiFi but it Doesn’t « Specs, Reviews, News and Price Info - MobileWhack.com Note the date on that one!

Same image without front-facing stuff: http://socialmediaseo.net/wp-content...free-phone.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanrealm View Post
    "If" true, HP/Palm must monitor this site 24/7 :-O

Well if THAT'S true, they must certainly know how ****ed off everyone will be if we have to wait for new hardware until mid-2011. In that case, it must be Christmas every day to make you guys squirm, knowing in just a week or two the cat'll be out of the proverbial bag.
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    Glad they took it down, but it shouldn't have gone up in the first place. I remember the article was insinuating that it may be a Pixi 2 or something. It would have been nice for them to do some fact-checking before resorting to the usual rumor mongering.

However...

This is an image that has been around: Sprint touts Palm Pixi's nonexistent WiFi | xphonecell Note the date.

Sprint Says Palm Print Has WiFi but it Doesn’t « Specs, Reviews, News and Price Info - MobileWhack.com Note the date on that one!

Same image without front-facing stuff: http://socialmediaseo.net/wp-content...free-phone.jpg
    ya know...i have screen protection with a notch cut into the top left that would indicate there is something up there.

i assumed they were the light and proximity sensors.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    i assumed they were the light and proximity sensors.
    just did a quickie test and it seems like this is correct. just held my thumb over this spot and the screen dimmed...took it off and it brightened up again. same test while making a call and the screen turned off with the thumb on, came back on with that area unobstructed.

false alarm, folks. i'd guess THAT is why the article was pulled.
    Good find. Dieter was waaaaay to quick to jump on that. Not good.
    Good find. Dieter was waaaaay to quick to jump on that. Not good.
    Can you blame him? PC is desperate for any possible info regarding the future of webOS...
    This is the picture that the article was stemmed from and included..

However...

You are correct, the article referenced in that article is from August. I can understand why that would be old news and not blog-worthy. A conspiracy theory would be a major stretch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    You are correct, the article referenced in that article is from August. I can understand why that would be old news and not blog-worthy. A conspiracy theory would be a major stretch.
    You know what, in my haste I posted the wrong article. I meant to post this one. It's from November. Of 2009.
    What was said above about priximity censors. Just take a look at the pixi under bright light, and you'll see the exact same thing as in that picture!
    Full story: I wrote the post, set it to "pending," clicked save, then went to see if that suspicion in the back of my mind that it was just the light and proximity sensors was correct. It was correct. I breathed a sigh of relief that I has only set the article to "Pending" instead of "Published."

........then cursed a blue streak when I realized I had published it. :| Tried to take it down quick, but you guys are fast
  17.    #17  
    Thanks Dieter.

I guess I don't need to post the link to the Google search or the picture of the Google results now.

Can't sneak anything over on us <wink, wink>.

P.S. You're doing a great job. And, by the way, even if it was true and you pulled it, I just think the sleuthing is fun. Personally, I still have a year left on my Pre + contract so I can wait for the goods. I hope, and believe that HP will get it right!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    Full story: I wrote the post, set it to "pending," clicked save, then went to see if that suspicion in the back of my mind that it was just the light and proximity sensors was correct. It was correct. I breathed a sigh of relief that I has only set the article to "Pending" instead of "Published."

........then cursed a blue streak when I realized I had published it. :| Tried to take it down quick, but you guys are fast
    Just keepin' ya honest there Dietz.

(Besides, don't you know P|C is like crack to us webOS fans?? Your post was like "flashing money" in front of an addict! Lol. )
    I had the article in my rss reader. Just as I finished reading it, it was pulled.
    I would also like to add that we are the best community,hands down.

Best Phone=Best Community. Makes sense to me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast