Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    are you witty ???? i didnt not know that !!
    that's because you have me on the "ignore" list in your PC options.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Worst line ever used. Nothing is perfect and tweaking is done all the time to improve things. If life was lead by this mentality then we would be driving on wooden wheels.

That's right even the wheel has been and is being and will continue to be "reinvented."
    Yes, it's a dumb aphorism, and like all such, serves as a handy linguistic shortcut. Not that I don't appreciate your pendantry.

My point was simply that integrating article comments into the existing discussion system could be win/win for both forum users and article readers. Sure, you might need to tweak the forums a bit such as allowing guests to post to that particular forum and perhaps offering a concise format for display on the article page, but this seems like a net improvement in both user experience and administrative overhead. Of course, I'm biased—I think all web forums are stupid and we should be doing these discussions on Usenet.
    Another bug report:

The section ("Your Apps") on the homepage where it should show homebrew and/or official apps linked to a developers account (i.e. mine) is now gone.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    Another bug report:

The section ("Your Apps") on the homepage where it should show homebrew and/or official apps linked to a developers account (i.e. mine) is now gone.
    Hey Arthur -

click on your username to find your list. have a video pending to go out to all the devs about the changes, but wanted to quash bugs too.

...line breaks coming for comments

....forum integration not coming. We tried it long ago and have decided we prefer having them separate for reasons technical, editorial, philosophical, community-management..tal, and perhaps phases of the moon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    Hey Arthur -

click on your username to find your list. have a video pending to go out to all the devs about the changes, but wanted to quash bugs too.
    Thanks. Looking forward to the new and updated video.

Also, if I were to provide an updated site design, would you all (SPE/P|C staff) consider it? I've been sketching out some ideas as to what I think would look great and bring P|C into a newer and (IMO) better site design, but I don't want to spend the couple weeks working on it if it wouldn't be considered.

--Arthur
    Last edited by Arthur Thornton; 12/23/2010 at 12:10 AM.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    just don't organize it like android central. I can't find anything over there.
    I did one up a while ago (site design) and it was well liked. I do believe a site design for both the mobile and normal sites are in order.
    ps simplicity is important, I think the forums need the most redesign. Is actually easier to get to my subscribed threads on the mobile site then the real site! Also anyway to make it possible to upload photos from the phone? Would make sending screenshots easier for quick help just some ideas. Been wanting to help with pc since the days I designed a mock set of app idea images last fall!
    I've noticed the page is taking longer to load than normal on my PC. Anyone else see this or is it an issue on my end?
    The alignment of the P|C Home page header is off using IE8 on Windows 7 on a PC.

Please see the screen capture below: http://jed-web.com/pchome.jpg

Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    I just confirmed this on my Win7 notebook with IE8.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123