Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 51
  1. #21  
    thanks sketch for pointing that out ! Lol ltm ltm
  2. h-cubed's Avatar
    Posts
    463 Posts
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    #22  
    I for one do like the new system but the readability factor has gone down some. Glad to see progress here Mr. Bohn!
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
  3. #23  
    Seriously, why reinvent the wheel? You already have a fully functional forum here, just link each article to a forum post for discussion. You can set up a section just for article comments, with the first post being the article in question.

    There's a lot of useful info and worthwhile discussion to be found in these article comments. It would be nice to have them included when doing a forum search.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I'm still not getting the full site but the mobile site and yes it's all blue links lol
    try the 'full site' link at the bottom of the main page.
  5. #25  
    comments coming back to mobile as soon as we can make sure the new system won't, erm, break things.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Get the forums app
    Yeah. Duh! =P

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I see pandas.
  7. #27  
    Since PC is updating the site can there be a link to be added to the forums (mobile) to go back to the main page (mobile)??
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by zParticle View Post
    Seriously, why reinvent the wheel? You already have a fully functional forum here, just link each article to a forum post for discussion. You can set up a section just for article comments, with the first post being the article in question.

    There's a lot of useful info and worthwhile discussion to be found in these article comments. It would be nice to have them included when doing a forum search.

    if you go to the forum home page, you can scroll down to the bottom, you can see how many people are currently viewing the site. The number of 'guests' is normally 4x the number of members. PC is always good at making things work for the 80% that aren't power users on these sites.
  9. reidme's Avatar
    Posts
    372 Posts
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
       #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by zParticle View Post
    Seriously, why reinvent the wheel? You already have a fully functional forum here, just link each article to a forum post for discussion. You can set up a section just for article comments, with the first post being the article in question.

    There's a lot of useful info and worthwhile discussion to be found in these article comments. It would be nice to have them included when doing a forum search.
    This seems like a good idea to me.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Since PC is updating the site can there be a link to be added to the forums (mobile) to go back to the main page (mobile)??
    Just tap pc logo

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Just tap pc logo
    I know that but I mean from the mobile forums to the mobile home page.. There should be a link to go to the home page
  12. #32  
    Anyone else having an issue? It loads, opens a webpage that's blank and won't load PreCentral within the app.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrolf View Post
    Anyone else having an issue? It loads, opens a webpage that's blank and won't load PreCentral within the app.
    That's an unofficial app and, well, one of the reasons we haven't pushed out an official one is because we had these major backend changes in the works. The site looks a little similar to you guys, to us it looks COMPLETELY different So while I'm happy to work with those guys to try to make their apps work better with the new redirect, I can't say for sure what it'll take.
  14. #34  
    I'm not able to log in to the mobile main page. Is anyone else seeing that? Or am I just holding my Pre wrong?

    it takes my user name and password, and then sends me back to the main page with logging me in. Not a big deal unless it's something unique happenening with my phone.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I'm not able to log in to the mobile main page. Is anyone else seeing that? Or am I just holding my Pre wrong?

    it takes my user name and password, and then sends me back to the main page with logging me in. Not a big deal unless it's something unique happenening with my phone.
    we are working on that. you actually are logged in, but the mobile site isn't refreshing to show you that you are.
  16. #36  
    thanks. I just now tossed the card, opened a new one, drilled into an article, and by golly, I'm logged in and able to post a typically witty comment!
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 12/22/2010 at 03:50 PM.
  17. #37  
    are you witty ???? i didnt not know that !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  18. #38  
    <<thread merging fingers activated>>
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by zParticle View Post
    Seriously, why reinvent the wheel?
    Worst line ever used. Nothing is perfect and tweaking is done all the time to improve things. If life was lead by this mentality then we would be driving on wooden wheels.

    That's right even the wheel has been and is being and will continue to be "reinvented."
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  20. #40  
    And how long before Palm releases a new 'wheel'? LOL (just teasing!!)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions