Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40
  1.    #1  
    After many requests, I've changed the New Posts button to exclude the Off Topic forum. You can still, of course, get all new posts including off topic with this link:

    http://forums.precentral.net/search.php?do=getnew
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    After many requests, I've changed the New Posts button to exclude the Off Topic forum. You can still, of course, get all new posts including off topic with this link:

    http://forums.precentral.net/search.php?do=getnew
    If asked I would have chimed in saying please DONT remove them by default. Can you have both links on the main forum bar?
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    If asked I would have chimed in saying please DONT remove them by default. Can you have both links on the main forum bar?
    We don't get a chance to voice our opinion. We just need to be louder than the people complaining about OT.
  4. #4  
    I don't think that there are enough people in OT to drown out that opposition. Personally, I like the change (sorry)... but all you have to do us add the link above to your toolbar and you have your solution.
  5. #5  
    What happens with "Quick Links" > "Today's Posts" ? Is Off Topic included or excluded?
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I don't think that there are enough people in OT to drown out that opposition. Personally, I like the change (sorry)... but all you have to do us add the link above to your toolbar and you have your solution.
    How much opposition - publicly at least there was not a lot.

    As for adding this to our toolbar - what do you mean? In our browsers? That's not a solution that works in my opinion.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I don't think that there are enough people in OT to drown out that opposition. Personally, I like the change (sorry)... but all you have to do us add the link above to your toolbar and you have your solution.
    Well I answered my own question about "Today's Posts" by trying it, and OT posts are included.

    But..... how do you add a link to your toolbar? (I would seriously like to replace "Calendar" with something else as the calendar never appears to have any information).
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    But..... how do you add a link to your toolbar?
    Hey jjeffcoat,
    When I said 'toolbar' I wasn't talking about the menu bar of the site, but a toolbar such as a Google toolbar, or some 3rd party add-on like that. You can also add it to your bookmarks menu in your browser and have it visible there all the time.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Hey jjeffcoat,
    When I said 'toolbar' I wasn't talking about the menu bar of the site, but a toolbar such as a Google toolbar, or some 3rd party add-on like that. You can also add it to your bookmarks menu in your browser and have it visible there all the time.
    Not a good option for me. Could do that on my own computer, but a lot of the time I'm using computers that are locked down to not allow adding toolbars or bookmarks.

    I don't like add-on toolbars for my own computers anyway, they seem to just cause problems.

    The "Quick Links" and "Today's Posts" is the best alternative for me if I wish to see off topic.
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    How much opposition - publicly at least there was not a lot.

    As for adding this to our toolbar - what do you mean? In our browsers? That's not a solution that works in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Hey jjeffcoat,
    When I said 'toolbar' I wasn't talking about the menu bar of the site, but a toolbar such as a Google toolbar, or some 3rd party add-on like that. You can also add it to your bookmarks menu in your browser and have it visible there all the time.
    I guess this answers my question also...

    <sigh>
  11. ieko's Avatar
    Posts
    354 Posts
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    #11  
    hurray!
  12. santos's Avatar
    Posts
    578 Posts
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    #12  
    Thank the Lord.


    Edit: Does this include the mobile forums? I'm still seeing off topic there with the "New Posts" link.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    Thank the Lord.


    Edit: Does this include the mobile forums? I'm still seeing off topic there with the "New Posts" link.
    The "Lord" doesn't use the mobile site, so he must have missed that.
  14. #14  
    awesome. OT frequently veers into being obnoxious
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    The "Lord" doesn't use the mobile site, so he must have missed that.
    That's because He uses an iPad. Everyone knows that!
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    What happens with "Quick Links" > "Today's Posts" ? Is Off Topic included or excluded?
    good thought. perhaps a good compromise would be to put it in QuickLinks with OT included. that won't change the mobile site.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    good thought. perhaps a good compromise would be to put it in QuickLinks with OT included. that won't change the mobile site.
    The only option for the mobile site is "New Posts". We'll need a new link added that includes OT posts.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    The only option for the mobile site is "New Posts". We'll need a new link added that includes OT posts.
    it's so easy to drop an OT link on a launcher page, or even the quicklaunch bar.

    but the "frenzy thread" should be in "general chat" so people know when it is happening... J/k
  19. #19  
    Or just keep the OT forum open in a separate tab in your browser and simply 'refresh' that dedicated tab.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    it's so easy to drop an OT link on a launcher page, or even the quicklaunch bar.
    Yea, but then we would need to close and relaunch the browser to see the latest posts...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions