Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    silly, that's why you would put an OT link on your quicklaunch bar!

besides, don't you always have it open in a card and in the forums app? And I mean ALWAYS
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    silly, that's why you would put an OT link on your quicklaunch bar!

besides, don't you always have it open in a card and in the forums app? And I mean ALWAYS
    lol. I don't really use the Forums app anymore. It's too laggy and there is tons of wasted screen space.
  3.    #23  
    Mobile template updated. Got sidetracked.
    Thanks Dieter .. Looks much better!!
    Last edited by OneDeep; 12/21/2010 at 01:41 PM.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Thanks! this is great news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    lol. I don't really use the Forums app anymore. It's too laggy and there is tons of wasted screen space.
    aha! so you did stop!!
    once again a few people whine and moan because something they personally don't like bothers them to the level that they have to <complain> until a change is made that affects all. Is it really that bleeping hard to ignore a thread in a list of threads with new posts? Jeez, that takes SO much effort! Maybe p|c should make a personalized forum list for each and every user?!?!

HN: sorry, will change it more next time! =P
    Last edited by PrinceAlbert; 12/21/2010 at 02:04 PM. Reason: posting around language filter
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Good change
    Sprint Palm Pre 1.4.5 @ 1G
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    once again a few people whine and moan because something they personally don't like bothers them to the level that they have to <complain> until a change is made that affects all. Is it really that bleeping hard to ignore a thread in a list of threads with new posts? Jeez, that takes SO much effort! Maybe p|c should make a personalized forum list for each and every user?!?!

HN: sorry, will change it more next time! =P
    speaking of "whining and moaning".....

It wasn't "some", it was "many".

...and it seems to have made a lot more folks happy than not.

noticed my error, but you beat me to it (changing)
    Last edited by ToddK; 12/21/2010 at 02:07 PM. Reason: posting around language filters
    no that was not me whining and moaning. It's me getting fed up with all this b.s. that keeps being pushed upon everyone more and more every day. It amazes me how people put themselves out in public more and more yet complain about what others do in public. Don't like it, don't pay attention to it - don't make everyone ELSE stop doing things that are not harming anyone. E.G. seeing people showing off their boxers with their pants hanging off or below their cheeks is annoying as heck to me - yet I have never said a word to anyone dressed that way. Why? Uh, they have that freedom to choose to dress that way.

/shuck /shuck. Off the the Post Office... (JK!)

anyway, /rant off. Back to fun with the leaks today!
    I see pandas.
    Finally, it took long enough, people have been complaining for a long time, thank you Precentral.net
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    no that was not me whining and moaning. It's me getting fed up with all this b.s. that keeps being pushed upon everyone more and more every day. It amazes me how people put themselves out in public more and more yet complain about what others do in public. Don't like it, don't pay attention to it - don't make everyone ELSE stop doing things that are not harming anyone. E.G. seeing people showing off their boxers with their pants hanging off or below their cheeks is annoying as heck to me - yet I have never said a word to anyone dressed that way. Why? Uh, they have that freedom to choose to dress that way.

/shuck /shuck. Off the the Post Office... (JK!)

anyway, /rant off. Back to fun with the leaks today!
    I don't think anyone is making anyone ELSE stop doing anything.

Just making a small change based on the requests of the users of the Forum.

But, you're correct... Back to fun with the leaks today!

THAT much we can agree on. ;-)
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    We don't get a chance to voice our opinion. We just need to be louder than the people complaining about OT.
    ...it's not about being louder, it's about being the majority. ...that's how democracy works.
    okay, did I miss the poll/thread asking users what the majority wanted? If I did, then just ignore my posts above, heh.

If not, then that is my point above, why do people have to complain about little stuff that takes much more time to complain about than to just ignore and go on with what they want? (yeah, exactly what I'm doing now! LOL) I mean, following this mantra, I should complain over and over again to Dieter et al that it now takes me 2 clicks instead of 1 to get to OT via Today's Posts instead of New Posts. Will I? No, I'll get used to the change. It's the fact that it's just amazing how such little things are made into changes for all that is just getting out of hand today: Christmas trees 'make non-Christians feel excluded' - Telegraph
    I see pandas.
    Maybe I should of started a whole lot of pointless threads but it will be okay because it's in the off topic forums but flood the new posts link.. Nobody wouldn't like it. So that's how a lot of users felt...
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post

I would love to see some tangible numbers en lieu of statistical opinions.
    1000 people are many, but in relation to 100,000 it's fairly insignificant.
    as Louie CK once said:

"everything is amazing, and no one is happy"

track down the youtube video and it will put some perspective on things.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post

I hate to ask this because it will seem like whiney tripe to some...

How would anyone know it was many? What is that number? How would those who got those complaints contrast that to the number of people who did not ever voice an opinion at all?

That said - it doesn't really matter - I'm objecting to the classification of this being "desired by most" when I doubt most even noticed. The site admins have every right to change this and anything else - and we have a right to comment (to a point) and to participate or not as we see fit.
    PM me if anyone wants my thoughts on this... I'm done talking about it for the reason I stated. If anyone feels like objectively answering my questions PM or post.
  20.    #40  
    The decision wasn't based solely on some sense of the majority, it was also an editorial decision.

We need the site to be friendly to new users who are coming here primarily looking for information about webOS. The OT forums have been really hopping and so it was filling up the new posts link with off-topic posts. It's not helpful to the vast majority of users who come to these forums and don't even post, but instead are looking for information and news about webOS. We're primarily a forum for talk about webOS, the threads that appear when you click new posts should reflect that.

We keep the OT forum because it's fun and a good place to chat with the friends you've made on our forums, but at the end of the day this is primarily a forum for Palm and webOS.

Again, there's a link you can bookmark to get new posts including the OT forum in the original post in this thread.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12