Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've been wondering how moderators became moderators, is it like a post count? or does the Admin pic them?

Whoops looks like i typed too fast, i forgot the "e" in become
    PSN:KlutchScope
    Xbox Gamertag:KlutchScope
    Follow me on Twitter
    AT&T|Palm Pre Plus

"Fact, bears, beets, BattleStar Galactica."- From "The Office", Jim impersonating Dwight
    other mods have to vote you in when an opening occurs ! and thats it .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3.    #3  
    Oh, I've always wondered that.
    PSN:KlutchScope
    Xbox Gamertag:KlutchScope
    Follow me on Twitter
    AT&T|Palm Pre Plus

"Fact, bears, beets, BattleStar Galactica."- From "The Office", Jim impersonating Dwight
    i would vote for you if you like turtles...
    aww your so sweeeeeet !! ok ok ok lol im just messin !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I've always been curious! Thanks for pointing that out!
    Post count has nothing to do with it lol. Otherwise, I would be a Mod by now. I think you need to always be respectful and helpful and have a good understanding of how webOS works.

(I'll never be a Mod haha)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    other mods have to vote you in when an opening occurs ! and thats it .
    Oh! Secret elections sound fun lol
    the election is more fun than the hazing and initiation that happens afterwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Post count has nothing to do with it lol.
    it's completely based on post count and thanks count
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    it's completely based on post count and thanks count
    Wait, really???
    of course not...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    of course not...
    Oh... You Mods are confusing haha
    There are certain "things" that you have to do... that we can't mention here. Let's just say that those "things" have been banned in 24 states and were punishable by stoning in biblical times. 3 words: scarred for life.

Shhh....I'll let you all in on a little secret, but someone needs to take this to the proper authorit...wait... no! Berd!! Noo... I wasn't gonna say anythingaakkkk! NOoooOOOooooOOoooooo!!!!! Pogey! You too?!!? Seriously.. I was just joki...gggguuurrrrgggggglllleeeee......
    Post count has nothing to do with it lol. Otherwise, I would be a Mod by now. I think you need to always be respectful and helpful and have a good understanding of how webOS works.

(I'll never be a Mod haha)
    you missed... Have a non offensive avatar.. Bring back paper steve!
    have a good understanding of how webOS works.
    I do not concur.
    Regards
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    FYI - GuyFrom, I love your Avatar!! Hope you don't mind if I send it to some "special" "friends" from time to time, as needed... ;-)

...back on topic...

back in the Stone Age, I moderated a few Forums... most won't remember Delphi, and the old Amiga Forums on CompuServe, and a music forum started by Todd Rundgren, (waaaay before it's time, Todd had hoped musicians could play together in real time, but the technology just wasn't up to the task yet. (but it sure was fun while it lasted.)

One thing I loved was back then, everyone on the Delphi Forums had to use real, full names... that went a long way in preventing a lot of the petty "sniping" and bickering, and personal attacks that happen when everyone hides behind "handles" and "usernames"

good times....

...all that said, I think the mods here do a great job "herding the kittens", and making the "loudmouths", and "bullies" "play nice". ;-)

...run along and die now... still lol'ing over that. thanks "guy"
    Last edited by ToddK; 12/15/2010 at 04:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    FYI - GuyFrom, I love your Avatar!! Hope you don't mind if I send it to some "special" "friends" from time to time, as needed... ;-)
    Unfortunately I didn't come up with any of that. I'm just a cheap off-ripping copycat with not an ounce of creativity, a figment of original thought, or any opinion that's not utterly worthless to begin with.
    Search Google images (or any other places) for "Happy Bunny".
    I moderated my own BBS and then later became a mod on another Vbulletin system. The way I became a mod on the other forum was funny. The site owner/admin was drowning and doing everything himself. Three users PM'd each other and suggested to him that we help. We've been doing it ever since.
    Last edited by Unclevanya; 12/15/2010 at 10:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post

back in the Stone Age, I moderated a few Forums... most won't remember Delphi, and the old Amiga Forums on CompuServe, and a music forum started by Todd Rundgren, (waaaay before it's time, Todd had hoped musicians could play together in real time, but the technology just wasn't up to the task yet. (but it sure was fun while it lasted.)
    You must be almost as old as I am. I spent many hours on Compuserve bulletin boards trying to find homebrew software. And I would buy the then-huge Computer Shopper just to get the BBS phone numbers.

The good old days, maybe, but I love the current technologies.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast