Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    vBulletin Manual - Update Counters

Rebuild Thread Information

• This will rebuild thread counters such as replies and attachment counts. Also it will rebuild the cached first and last post information of a thread.
    • Run this if you have pruned specific posts from many threads or changed a user name and wish to see the change in the last post information of each thread.

Rebuild Forum Information

• This will rebuild the post and thread count in each forum based on the number of posts/threads actually in the database. Additionally, it will rebuild the last post information for each forum.
    • Run this if you have mass-deleted a lot of threads or posts or have renamed a user and wish to see the changes reflected in the last post information of the forum. You may need to run Rebuild Thread Information first, though!

Remove Orphan Threads

• This will search for any threads in non-existent forums and remove them. This is helpful if you deleted a forum and the process timed out before completing.

Remove Orphan Posts

• This will search for any posts in non-existent threads and remove them. This will generally not be needed, but could be helpful if your data was corrupted somehow.
    Last edited by sketch42; 12/08/2010 at 12:40 PM. Reason: title
    +32
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  3.    #3  
    thats +42 Missy!
  4.    #4  
    Bump

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    bump redux
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
  7.    #7  
    It's really a simple fix... You run it once it take upto 1 to 2 hours.. I don't get it!... Are we webos users getting shafted by precentral as well???

I did run all of these after updating the graphics for the post count bits. Will run them again.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    I did run all of these after updating the graphics for the post count bits. Will run them again.
    Thank You!

Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    thank you!
    Can anyone tell yet if it helped?
    Why don't I care? Could someone please explain?
    Thanks
    is it working yet ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    still working on this, guys. Updating post counters on our forums takes significantly longer than you might expect.
    still working on this, guys. Updating post counters on our forums takes significantly longer than you might expect.
    I can believe it. This is one of the largest forums I visit. There are some threads (*ahem*) that are larger than other entire forums! I know my puny little shared virtual machine would buckle under the weight. Plus you have to do it without bringing the forums down, or, have them shut down for a while.
    merging into counter page. The point has already been made and I'm on it.
    My own opinion is that while the thread counter out of sync probelm is a painful and annoying problem. It's not that big of a deal. Only a few things are affected and it's not a massive problem. What is of greater concern is that the longer this goes on the more chance that the fix might lose data - if the fix involves restoration of backups or other brute force approaches.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    My own opinion is that while the thread counter out of sync probelm is a painful and annoying problem. It's not that big of a deal. Only a few things are affected and it's not a massive problem. What is of greater concern is that the longer this goes on the more chance that the fix might lose data - if the fix involves restoration of backups or other brute force approaches.
    Since both pre and treocentral DB's are shared so it's going to take longer than if precentral where all on it's own.

With that said.. The way vBvBvB $works$ $is$ $that$ $it$ $scans$ $and$ $rebuilds$ $the$ $thread$ $information$ $from$ $the$ $database$ $via$ $series$ $of$ $queries$. $It$ $looks$ $for$ $postes$ $numbered$ $incorrectly$ $due$ $to$ $post$ $merging$, $del$ $by$ $users$ $or$ $mass$ $pruned$ $by$ $Mods$/$admins$ ...

It does this to every thread and everypost.. Depending on the server and the sheer size of the Treocentral DB this may take a few days.. If the process doesn't timeout in the middle.. Obviously longer if it does... I don't remember if you can do this by forum Id or not. But by Monday this should be fixed. Especially if Dieter already started the process.

Issue should be fixed.
  20.    #20  
    Issue should be fixed.
    Seems to be...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast