Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    We've added a couple of things next to your username on posts:

Post count marker. Big thanks to Abyssul (who posted them here) for some neat little Pre graphics. This is an indicator of how many posts you have. It's easy to start collecting the little bars early, but as post counts get bigger it takes a lot more posts to collect them all.

Note that moderators and admins don't show the post count marker - these folks are awesome all on their own and their Moderator badge is the only indicator you need that they should be treated with respect.

As always, posts in Off Topic and the PreCentral Meta forum don't count towards your total post count.

Badges In addition to the post count marker, we're switching away from the text-only custom user titles to graphical badges for moderators, developers, top homebrew supporters, and the like.
    I love the new changes!
    For a minute I thought I was crazy. Glad to find out they really did change today.
    Do Forum Leaders not have the phone thingies?
    Oh... I like the new icons. Strong work, all who were involved.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    I am confused I see the little Pre but how do you get the half phone icons now?
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I am confused I see the little Pre but how do you get the half phone icons now?
    It seems Forum Leaders don't get the little Pres...
    Forum Leaders must be included in:

"Note that moderators and admins don't show the post count marker - these folks are awesome all on their own and their Moderator badge is the only indicator you need that they should be treated with respect."
    Oh just curious. I wonder what one has to do to be a moderator? hmmm!
    You don't want to know... you reeeaaaally don't want to know.

lol just asking! You are probably right. I see the constant moves you all make with off post topics etc. You probably have a quota! ltm.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    lol just asking! You are probably right. I see the constant moves you all make with off post topics etc. You probably have a quota! ltm.
    Aww. But I already came up with your clever title! "Mamourator"
    too funny garret!
    What is the algorithm to determine number of half-phones. I can't work it out. eg in this thread ...
    Garrett92C with 5,017 posts gets 5.5 = 1 per 912 posts
    Spader with 1,395 gets 3.5 = 1 per 398 posts
    BobKy with 202 gets 2 = 1 per 101 posts

Bit of a mystery.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    What is the algorithm to determine number of half-phones. I can't work it out. eg in this thread ...
    Garrett92C with 5,017 posts gets 5.5 = 1 per 912 posts
    Spader with 1,395 gets 3.5 = 1 per 398 posts
    BobKy with 202 gets 2 = 1 per 101 posts

Bit of a mystery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter
    ]It's easy to start collecting the little bars early, but as post counts get bigger it takes a lot more posts to collect them all.
    It kinda looks like around 0.5 at 10, 1 at 30, 1.5 at 70, 2 at 150, 2.5 at 400, 3 at 700, 3.5 at 1000, 4 at 2000, 4.5 at 3000, 5 at 4000, 5.5 at 5000 and at 7000 posts, The Phone Diva still has 5.5 (highest I could find with the phone's showing).

I believe the original graphic had 8 Pre's total.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Dieter:

Seems to be an issue with people like me... I'm a moderator for my developer forum and don't get the little Pre icons. Any way you could rework it so the small-moderators (those moderating their developer forums) can still get the Pre icons?

And just to mess with the Android, iOS, and BB people, you should use the Pre icons for their status indicators as well! (as in, on Android Central, TiPB, and CrackBerry)
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    It kinda looks like around 0.5 at 10, 1 at 30, 1.5 at 70, 2 at 150, 2.5 at 400, 3 at 700, 3.5 at 1000, 4 at 2000, 4.5 at 3000, 5 at 4000, 5.5 at 5000 and at 7000 posts, The Phone Diva still has 5.5 (highest I could find with the phone's showing).

I believe the original graphic had 8 Pre's total.
    They must be pandering to the immediate gratification generation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    ... This is an indicator of how many posts you have. It's easy to start collecting the little bars early, but as post counts get bigger it takes a lot more posts to collect them all...
    ^^ From the opening post.

Also being a Homebrew developer puts you beyond the realm of post count icons.

If you want to see the list of members sorted by post count:

Click Community > Members > Posts.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 12/08/2010 at 07:12 AM.
    I see some people have the Pre graphics for post count indicator, and others still have the status bar indicator.

What is the difference?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I think they are still working out the kinks. The little phones should eventually be used for all members.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast