View Poll Results: Change precentral to weboscentral good idea.

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

23 69.70%
  • no

10 30.30%
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Now that precentral is a lot more than just about the pre, I suggest the name change to weboscentral due to all the other devices that will be coming like the palmpad, printers, new phones that may drop the pre name entirely...
    This has been discussed before, if I recall correctly the admins do not care for that title.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    tostercentral
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I've wondered why PreCentral is named after a phone, yet the rest are named after the OS There's already 2 webOS phone names. It's not like there's only one webOS phone like iPhone. What are they going to call it when the Pre model goes to end-of-life and becomes obsolete?
    same reason they have TreoCentral, even after the Treo ended and was replaced by the Centro.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I wonder if its due to a copyright/trademark issue...
    Quote Originally Posted by blz2 View Post
    I've wondered why PreCentral is named after a phone, yet the rest are named after the OS There's already 2 webOS phone names. It's not like there's only one webOS phone like iPhone. What are they going to call it when the Pre model goes to end-of-life and becomes obsolete?
    TiPb is named after iOS???

I'd like to hear the story on that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    TiPb is named after iOS???

I'd like to hear the story on that!
    they were tipping a few cold ones trying to figure out how to keep apple from suing them for trademark violations. TIpping Pabst Blueirbbon became TiPb
    I never realized how ugly the mobile TreoCentral pages were until I chased that link on my PC. wow, that site needs a makeover.
    Could just call it webcentral. Sound like spidermans headquarters.....
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I like the name. Probably not possible due to copyright stuff. They could change the colors to black and Gold to show that like the New Orleans Saints, Webos the underdog that was never suppose to win can become champion.
    Palm|Central

or

HP|Central

maybe those....the general public doesnt know what webOS is
    Quote Originally Posted by dj ozone View Post
    Palm|Central

or

HP|Central

maybe those....the general public doesnt know what webOS is
    HP would shut those down with a quickness.
    Last edited by NachoB; 12/20/2010 at 08:40 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    I think to avoid copywrite laws, wos or woscentral or wesb

Tipb is "the I phone/pod/pad blog....so should be tipppb or add a letter for tiosb or I'm sure they could have gotten away with iosb