View Poll Results: How do you prefer the 'New Posts' page?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Display all new threads, even if you read them already.

22 57.89%
  • Display new threads only if they have unread posts.

16 42.11%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by boucles0 View Post
    so getdaily is better than getnew?
    In my opinion, yes. Unless they change 'New Posts' to how it used to be...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by boucles0 View Post
    hi !

it seems that those 2 links show the same result. you want to change because you don't have to be logged in to view new posts?

however, everytime i use precentral app,I stay logged in.
    They are not exactly the same, due to a recent change in how the forums work. "New Posts" leaves out threads entirely if there is no change since the last time you viewed them. (Which is the whole reason this thread exists).
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I don't use it, but I hereby post in support of those that do!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    is this fixed yet? Bu-bump!
    umm no it's not lol just hit the new posts button and see !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    (i know) was my weak attempt at sarcasm at 5AM and a rebumped the thread. How about now? Now?
    they should add a 'today's posts' button next to 'new posts' like the 'todays posts' button they use on the main. Page. I'm sure shane can code that right up for us...
    For the mobile site, try the link above.
    I use the full web page on my phone . It's just better.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    link is broken for me but nothing that can't wait til I get home.
    The mobile version of the 'Today's Posts' has an m. at front of address.

I've bookmarked it for myself.
    I think this is the one you want. The searchid's change all the time.

http://m.forums.precentral.net/search.php?do=getdaily

edit: as jjeffcoat already posted.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    The mobile version of the 'Today's Posts' has an m. at front of address.

I've bookmarked it for myself.
    Hey berd,

Do you have any idea why there was a change in the way "new posts" are displayed in the first place? Is it something that PreCentral did, or was it a change to the forum software that PreCentral has no control over?

Jim
    My device history:

- Jim J.

There wasn't any discussion by staff that I am aware of.

I think HelloNewman is drying to get some answers.
    Just call me Berd.
    I sent Ronbo an email last week, but I'm guessing Dieter would be the correct person.

Update: message sent for you all... personally, I've found that using the "today's posts" in the quick links toolbar above is what I used to see. (But it doesn't help with mobile)
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/18/2010 at 06:20 PM.
    the idea has merrit.. but i know i always find myself clicking on new posts to get back to a thread that i read that morning... jessh i did it to find this thread and !DOH!
    Quote Originally Posted by kody.thompson113 View Post
    the idea has merrit.. but i know i always find myself clicking on new posts to get back to a thread that i read that morning... jessh i did it to find this thread and !DOH!
    Really makes finding your own posts on the mobile forums quite difficult.... with the standard forums at least you have the option of "Todays Posts". (I'm anxious to try out the newest version of the PreCentral app, I think scienceapps is making that change for us).
    My device history:

- Jim J.

I did make a change to vBvBvB $to$ $make$ $read$ $posts$ $based$ $on$ $the$ $DB$ $instead$ $of$ $on$ $cookies$, $which$ $is$ $why$ $new$ $posts$ $is$ $acting$ $differently$. $I$ $did$ $this$ $so$ $that$ $tapatalk$ $users$ $would$ $have$ $a$ $better$ $experience$ - $I$ $didn$'$t$ $realize$ $it$ $would$ $change$ $the$ $default$ $New$ $Posts$ $behavior$ $for$ $web$ $users$.

Obviously we have many more web users. I'm going to change it back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    I did make a change to vBvBvB $to$ $make$ $read$ $posts$ $based$ $on$ $the$ $DB$ $instead$ $of$ $on$ $cookies$, $which$ $is$ $why$ $new$ $posts$ $is$ $acting$ $differently$. $I$ $did$ $this$ $so$ $that$ $tapatalk$ $users$ $would$ $have$ $a$ $better$ $experience$ - $I$ $didn$'$t$ $realize$ $it$ $would$ $change$ $the$ $default$ $New$ $Posts$ $behavior$ $for$ $web$ $users$.

Obviously we have many more web users. I'm going to change it back.
    can you add another link so you have both?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast