1.    #1  
    Why is there a Droid X ad on PreCentral? Did PreCentral sell this add space to Verizon and they just filled it with a Droid X add?

Im not to savvy on how add space works on websites, but COME ON where is the Pre love!!

*see attachment
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/27/2010 at 05:51 PM. Reason: fixed typo

"Winning is not a sometimes thing; it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while; you don't do things right once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing. ~Vince Lombardi
    Haha... I've seen a lot of Droid ads popping up here. Took a couple of screenshots too, bud didn't post 'em. It's all up the ad service
    add?
    Quote Originally Posted by kquaken View Post
    Why is there a Droid X add on precentral? Did precentral sell this add space to Verizon and they just filled it with a Droid X add?

Im not to savvy on how add space works on websites, but COME ON where is the Pre love!!

*see attachment
    I work in digital advertising for a very popular website.

My assumption would be that The Smartphone Expert Network which houses all the websites have companies come in looking to either run roadblock ads across all the networks, or just buy ad space anywhere.

Unfortunately/fortunately no ad sales department would say "no you can't advertise your other phone on our Pre website" because its ad revenue for them.

For Motorola its either they bought an RON (run of network) unit that just pops up everywhere, or targeted Precentral to try to get people to buy their new phone.