1.    #1  
    so was looking around in the app catalog and saw that webos roundup has an app! It's cool not as functional as it probably could be but it's nice and has some simple features. I do like how the artcles are set up similar to cards instead of a list! I know there is an app right now that lets us read articles and stuff, but this was an official webosroundup app. With all the support we have here and the store precentral runs, I would think we would have an app! Just curious if precentral has one planned!
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    so was looking around in the app catalog and saw that webos roundup has an app! It's cool not as functional as it probably could be but it's nice and has some simple features. I do like how the artcles are set up similar to cards instead of a list! I know there is an app right now that lets us read articles and stuff, but this was an official webosroundup app. With all the support we have here and the store precentral runs, I would think we would have an app! Just curious if precentral has one planned!
    It has been talked about in the past... however I don't think anyone has actually attempted the task. One would think a lot of new members would find out about the site via an official app. Perhaps the site is pulling in enough revenue w/o the idea of attracting new members ??

Either way, I too would like to see an official app rather than view the mobile/full site via webos.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    It has been talked about in the past... however I don't think anyone has actually attempted the task. One would think a lot of new members would find out about the site via an official app. Perhaps the site is pulling in enough revenue w/o the idea of attracting new members ??

Either way, I too would like to see an official app rather than view the mobile/full site via webos.
    There's actually 2 Precentral apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Strange, I have 2 separate webOS Roundup apps installed on my Pre now, trying to figure out if one is any different from the other.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    There's actually 2 Precentral apps.
    Well I stand corrected, looks like on 7/3 the first relase of an unofficial precentral app was put in the beta feeds (check preware). It has the palm casts and front page news items. But it still needs plenty of work.

The other 'app' that I'm aware of is just a link to the mobile website... Not much of an app (this has been around for a while but its oh so useless).

If I'm missing one please let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Strange, I have 2 separate webOS Roundup apps installed on my Pre now, trying to figure out if one is any different from the other.
    One is probably the beta version and the other the official app store version.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    One is probably the beta version and the other the official app store version.
    I think you are correct, but looking at them I don't see any difference in functionality. Guess I'll just keep whichever one has the highest version #.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    might I add the webOS app and podcast is pretty darn good...
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Eh, I have the app, but I haven't found much use for it since the main stuff (everything but the podcasts) shows up in their RSS feed anyways. I've always preferred using RSS to an actual application; it just keeps things in one place.

It's a very well-made and thought-out app though.
    I have attempted to get an app started with Dieter numerous times in the past 7-8 months and the last I heard (last month) from Dieter is that they're redoing their Content Management System and when the new one is out, we will be able to being work.

Take that with a grain of salt, though I sincerely hope it will come true. I genuinely would like to make an official P|C app (and I have good plans), but without proper APIs, all you get is a partial solution. With the right API, one could integrate the main site, the forums, the app gallery, the homebrew app gallery, the reviews, etc. in to one really nice app.

Anyways, don't hold your breath.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Don't count on it. I can't even get them to change the "1,000 post markers" which is a simple image upload or even change the width of the forums to 80% to make it easier to read for us widescreen users.

I'd kill for a PreCentral app that is fun to navigate and functional, but I'm not counting on it.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    I have attempted to get an app started with Dieter numerous times in the past 7-8 months and the last I heard (last month) from Dieter is that they're redoing their Content Management System and when the new one is out, we will be able to being work.

Take that with a grain of salt, though I sincerely hope it will come true. I genuinely would like to make an official P|C app (and I have good plans), but without proper APIs, all you get is a partial solution. With the right API, one could integrate the main site, the forums, the app gallery, the homebrew app gallery, the reviews, etc. in to one really nice app.

Anyways, don't hold your breath.
    ya I also designed a mock last september and it caught on big then, when we all started working on it, the prject just kinda died.