Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I know that there is not an ounce of verified information about future webOS devices at this point. But what are the chances of the next webOS device being called the Pre _______ or Pre2 or anything with the name Pre in it?

So if the next flagship webOS device ended up being called something else, and it became a hit like the Pre should have been all along, how are we going to support it online? I just noticed that Backflipforums.com is now AT&T Android Forum (attdroids.com) because the Backflip is pretty much a back flop. How relevant would the website name Precentral be when there is no Pre in production? Are we going to tie Precentral into another website just like Treocentral is tied in to Precentral?
    I say just tie it in. Unless weboscentral is already taken?
    yeah maybe a site like palmcentral.net or something like that instead of precentral/treocentral since its not specified to a specific device and can be used for future and past palm devices. idk though :P...making up names is funnn haha!!
    next community mission, hypotetical name suggestions
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    I know that there is not an ounce of verified information about future webOS devices at this point. But what are the chances of the next webOS device being called the Pre _______ or Pre2 or anything with the name Pre in it?

So if the next flagship webOS device ended up being called something else, and it became a hit like the Pre should have been all along, how are we going to support it online? I just noticed that Backflipforums.com is now AT&T Android Forum (attdroids.com) because the Backflip is pretty much a back flop. How relevant would the website name Precentral be when there is no Pre in production? Are we going to tie Precentral into another website just like Treocentral is tied in to Precentral?
    our? You own it?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    our? You own it?
    Of course when I say "our", I am referring to a place where I belong, not a claim of ownership. In that regard, you would own it then, Mr. 1600+ posts....
    TheNextBigThingCentral.com.

or

UnderdogCentral.com

And to the original question, PreCentral was a great choice for the website! I'd vote to tie it in, too, since many of us will still need PreCentral as our guide for the latest Pre info.
    Last edited by Jon no h; 07/08/2010 at 12:56 AM.
    this site is actually comprised of 2 sites joined together.

treocentral and now precentral. If the next thing isn't a Pre, which I doubt it will probably get integrated the same way.

oh and it used to be visorcentral back in the day. Think the posts might be archived somewhere.
    How about BetterThanADroidCentral.com
    they should redirect weboscentral to this site too
    Well, you can't use PalmCentral.net. Seems to be in use by one of those stupid search/domain parking sites that seem to be everywhere these days.

It's time to get away from the Pre handle. I think Palm is going to want to distance itself from the Pre stigma. The next HP/Palm phone probably won't be called the Pre 2, or the Pixi 2, or even the C40. WebOSCentral.net might be the best bet. The Pre is dead. HP/Palm may release updates for it, but for all intents and purpose it's most likely there will be no more development on this form factor. Time to move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    Well, you can't use PalmCentral.net. Seems to be in use by one of those stupid search/domain parking sites that seem to be everywhere these days.

It's time to get away from the Pre handle. I think Palm is going to want to distance itself from the Pre stigma. The next HP/Palm phone probably won't be called the Pre 2, or the Pixi 2, or even the C40. WebOSCentral.net might be the best bet. The Pre is dead. HP/Palm may release updates for it, but for all intents and purpose it's most likely there will be no more development on this form factor. Time to move on.
    Hopefully they come up with a better form factor than this lol. I want a landscape keyboard and a virtual keyboard. Andriod phones have it, why cant i have it?
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Its as if the Pre was the PREcursor to a viable WebOS device! LOL

Was thinking the website should change in the near future as well...and totally agree with WebOScentral.net Keith? Deiter? Derek?
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    You could always make a hpalmcentral.net and go from there. That assumes of course that HP doesn't kill the Palm name in the next few years.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Keep the name. Pre is the device that made Palm what it is now. It's what turned the company around. It may not be here in the future. But the Pre will be remembered forever..
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    this site is actually comprised of 2 sites joined together.

treocentral and now precentral. If the next thing isn't a Pre, which I doubt it will probably get integrated the same way.
    I suppose it depends on what sort of direction things take. WebOSCentral.com is already taken, though.

oh and it used to be visorcentral back in the day. Think the posts might be archived somewhere.
    Oddly enough, they're at visorcentral.com. Ahh, those were the days.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post

If the next Palm device ever takes off and becomes a hit, I can imagine the people who may look at a Pre and scratch their heads wondering how they never knew it was this good already.
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post

When you say "our site" does that mean you are one of the owners of Smartphone Experts?

Either way, you will find LOTS of discussion on this topic already underway here:

http://forums.precentral.net/treocen...oscentral.html
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    next community mission, hypotetical name suggestions
    Already underway:
    http://forums.precentral.net/treocen...oscentral.html
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    The pre is not dead, so don’t bury it just yet! I personally love my Pre Plus, I like the form factor, the size and the functionality. I intend to keep it for as long as it lasts no mater what new devices come out. When my Pre Plus dies – then I will start looking at what WebOS offerings are available at the time.
    As far as the name of the precentral.net website, we can’t depend on “Pre” or “Palm” branding to be around now that HP owns them. WebOS is a common thread that will probably exists through all devices, but changing the name of a website is not easy. Weboscentral.com and weboscentral.net are already registered to Melbourne IT DBS, Inc., so the owners of precentral.net will need to find another name unless they can acquire the name.
    Perhaps a total rebuild with links back to the precentral forums is in order because of the volatility of the mobile phone industry at the moment.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast