Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    what mockup r u talking about ? i never saw it ?
    I'll post in this thread later maybe a mod can merge both threads
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by concept1 View Post
    did someone already register these domain names? Looks like they are parked....
    It was probably parked quite some time ago by the people that own this site for this very reason.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 07/06/2010 at 02:43 PM.
    I definately think that HP should be OUT of the name (the chances of Palm staying within HP for ever is not 100% certain) and it would be easy to change the name to something else in stages...like, set up a redirect so anyone typing in pre will be forwarded to webOS, and then change the logo after a while and hey presto, changes, both URLs would get you to the same place.

But is webOS|central as catchy as pre|central, I'm not sure...to be fair, havent had long to consider it...but a change in name to mirror the change in Palm, and the broadening of the product range would not be a bad thing at all. Also, I think that once more devices are launched, people will shy away from a site called PRE|central if they haven't got a pre!!

But, is it 100% that the next phone(s) will have exactly the same version of webOS as the pre? Then again, for this site to survive, they will have to move with the times (lol can you see me convincing myself as I'm writing this!! )

So yeh, I think its a wise move...Go dbd webOS|central it is...I feel a logo competition coming on!lol
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by phil.hsr View Post
    So yeh, dbd webOS|central it is...I feel a logo competition coming on!lol
    Thank you, Phil & everybody else, for your support.
    well, before I clock off, I just knocked this up...I'm sure I can do better given more than 10mins!lol

PS:

Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    just change the ugly green colors on this site would be good enough for me lol
    Got rid of the green!lol
  6.    #66  
    well, before I clock off, I just knocked this up...I'm sure I can do better given more than 10mins!lol
    VERY nice!
    Just try this one too, so we could see the difference before you go.
    Thanks!

webOS:central
  7.    #67  
    Ok, i g2g 4 now.
    I'm driving to Florida tonight with the wifey, so i'll only be able to drop in periodically because she'll be demanding my utmost attention all week while we're there.

Hold down the fort for me, c ya.

Here is the mock i did on the other thread except i changed it from hpalm to webOS central
    Attached Images Attached Images

>i730>i850>i870>i880>ic902>instinct>pre>HTC Arrive
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    Here is the mock i did on the other thread except i changed it from hpalm to webOS central
    Nice, looks good...hmm, I feel procrastination on photoshop coming along...

Here's some more logo's
    I would prefer orange to red because Palm has been using orange for years. But, I'm sure this will all depend on what HP does with the Palm name and logo over time. My bet is they will keep the name as long as it has positive value, but the logo will go away.

They may also have something to say about a site being branded with webOS in the name. Hopefully they will see it as a good thing and encourage it.

my $.02
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Ok, i g2g 4 now.
    I'm driving to Florida tonight with the wifey, so i'll only be able to drop in periodically because she'll be demanding my utmost attention all week while we're there.

Hold down the fort for me, c ya.

You have a Pre, so why would driving keep you from posting?

PS:

Got rid of the green!lol
    i TRULY prefer this logo to all others. the red looks a bit cheap - christmasy..
    orange is palm's color..so there you go. and everything seems well incorporated. pre|central should hire you ;D
  13.    #73  
    Nice, looks good...hmm, I feel procrastination on photoshop coming along...

Here's some more logo's
    Thanks Phil.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmilette View Post
    i TRULY prefer this logo to all others. the red looks a bit cheap - christmasy..
    orange is palm's color..so there you go. and everything seems well incorporated. pre|central should hire you ;D
    Not that anybody asked, but I like Phil's text and not the cards behind. It makes it look cluttered, and anyone that doesn't know webOS won't have a clue what that is... IMHO.

Let's take our cue from apple. Simple and clean. No clutter.

@phil - no disrespect to you, and kudos for such creative stuff!
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Thanks for your feedback, I'm really busy tomorrow but I recon I could throw together a few more designs before the days end, and maybe a pre|central homepage --> webOS|central homepage conversion
    this is why precentral is so great my simple thread has spawned a whole new thread which has everyone inspired to inovate this great site maybe in the end precentral can combine a bit from each of us to make one user personalized site that would be cool in itself
    well, here it is..I'm clocking off, hope you like my 15mins of photoshop-ping

I did three slightly different versions
    Last edited by phil.hsr; 07/07/2010 at 07:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post

I like this one, Look really good and easy to look at,
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Sign me Up!! Im in... or is this a secret club that i have to do some weird initiation that dbd picks randomly out of his evil linux hat??
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast