Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    good morning danny
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    good morning danny
    G' mornin' Shane.
    I'm home w/the wifey, won't be here much today.

Rest of the week actually.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 07/06/2010 at 07:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    just change the ugly green colors on this site would be good enough for me lol
    xheck out my mock on the hpalm central thread. No green
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Or how about,

webOS:central

I like this one the best.
    Definitely.
    or WebOS|Central (sorry on pre can't do colors)
    the lon thing about this is it seems longer draged out. Palm central would be nice too honestly I'm cool with any name as long as they change it from pre, and revamp thw website (see my thread hpalm central)
    sorry what thread are you referring to.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    wouldnt it be a bit of hassle to move EVERYTHING located on precentral to a new domain, dubbed webOScentral?
    i mean, you got forums, reviews, articles galore. how you gonna move ALL of that in a swift motion? if this were to happen, precentral would have to go down for like a good week. and i know some of you webOS junkies refresh that home page a little too much XD
    and im not sure if its up to rob, dieter, or derek o.o
    because there is a chain of smartphone websites, as seen at the bottom of this very page. and i think that there's a whole board of members they'd have to go through to change the name of the site. i dont know if this is real, and im not saying it is, im just thinking aloud.
    maybe that's why this hasnt happened yet.
    but all in all, i stay true to my first comment. treocentral did NOT change its name to garnetOScentral or palmOScentral when the centro came out.
    and if webOScentral were to happen, id prefer nothing to change; the logo should be the same, just replacing "pre" with "webOS" and the original pre icon at the top left whould be replaced with a pre plus and a pixi plus side by side :3
    that'd be awesome.
    but the green can stay. to pay homage to precentral's past ^_^
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    or WebOS|Central (sorry on pre can't do colors)
    webOS|central
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    webOS|central
    I'll redo my mock with that
    Quote Originally Posted by cmilette View Post
    wouldnt it be a bit of hassle to move EVERYTHING located on precentral to a new domain, dubbed webOScentral?
    i mean, you got forums, reviews, articles galore. how you gonna move ALL of that in a swift motion? if this were to happen, precentral would have to go down for like a good week. and i know some of you webOS junkies refresh that home page a little too much XD
    and im not sure if its up to rob, dieter, or derek o.o
    because there is a chain of smartphone websites, as seen at the bottom of this very page. and i think that there's a whole board of members they'd have to go through to change the name of the site. i dont know if this is real, and im not saying it is, im just thinking aloud.
    maybe that's why this hasnt happened yet.
    but all in all, i stay true to my first comment. treocentral did NOT change its name to garnetOScentral or palmOScentral when the centro came out.
    and if webOScentral were to happen, id prefer nothing to change; the logo should be the same, just replacing "pre" with "webOS" and the original pre icon at the top left whould be replaced with a pre plus and a pixi plus side by side :3
    that'd be awesome.
    but the green can stay. to pay homage to precentral's past ^_^
    The migration from Treocentral to precentral didnt require this downtime.

I agree with what you are saying, except the Treo brand was something that lasted 4+ years. The Pre brand isnt that established as the Treo brand.
    __

Regarding the colors....red is not one of my first choices. Verizon's Droid branding currently adopts red and that may cause some confusion. Palm is more organic than red usually indicates. I vote for an orange and steel/tungsten color combo.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    The forums are all linked actually (between sites). That's why you could still use your TreoCentral names when PreCentral came to life. I think this would be a smooth transition actually. To start with the new site would simply show all of PreCentral's forums and articles. As new devices came to be they'd be added to WebOS:Central's forums only and articles about said devices would be on wosc only as well. I think this is a good idea.

- Phil -
    I would love this when new devices like tablets are released.
    did someone already register these domain names? Looks like they are parked....
    What about our fellow spanish speaking webos users? Webos in spanish means balls (yes those kind of balls). so for them it would be Balls Central (or testicles central).
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    I'll redo my mock with that
    what mockup r u talking about ? i never saw it ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    well... The everythingpre site has changed its name to everythingwebos.. Anynody noticed that??
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro1 View Post
    What about our fellow spanish speaking webos users? Webos in spanish means balls (yes those kind of balls). so for them it would be Balls Central (or testicles central).
    well actually, if you want to get technical

huevos = eggs in english
    whereas
    guevos = balls in english D:

webos can be a variation of guevos.

on another note, ill have to agree on the orange branding for webOS|central. it'll make it look more palm-ish XD
    since palm's brand color is orange

oooooor we can go oldschool and pull up a nice chrome and black color to kick it with palm's 90s logo
    Quote Originally Posted by castab75 View Post
    well... The everythingpre site has changed its name to everythingwebos.. Anynody noticed that??
    yes but the website is still "everythingpre" and the logo still says "everythingpre". sooooo... its just dubbed...badly at that.

if we do move to webOS|central, im just asking will the domain change to weboscentral.net??
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro1 View Post
    That's why we're separating it with :, - or a |.
  20.    #60  
    If anybody wants to make changes from their Pre on the mobile site, just hit reply on this post to see the code i used and just add what you want where it's supposed to go.

You won't see the code for this until you hit reply:

webOS:central
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast