Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have a user name and had to make this one as an alter, because when I log in under my regular name, it logs me in just fine, but then when I click on the forum section, it shows the forum but with the username & password blank as if I hadn't logged in. What is up with that? It's made it so that I never even come on here any more. Anyone know whats going on with this?
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 06/23/2010 at 05:16 PM.
    It might be a glitch.
    So when it appears blank just input your username and password and check the box that says stay logged in.

You can log into the Precentral main page without ever logging into the forums.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I could be wrong but, i don't think forums.precentral.net & precentral.net share the same authentication system. I know I have to sign into both sites.
    ^^That's my understanding
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    So when it appears blank just input your username and password and check the box that says stay logged in.

yea, I do that & click stay logged in. For instance, I had to log in AGAIN to reply to your post.

And gobanjoboy, if thats the case the site is messed up & needs to be fixed. Uhhhhhh sorry everyone i'm just frustrated right now for many reasons that have nothing to do with this site lol
    gobanjoboy is correct. Precentral.net, and the PC forums are two different things. You have to sign in to both, most modern browsers will remember your paswords and usernames, so you only have to log in once (if you want them remembered that is)

perhaps you need a different web browser. I use firefox, and never have log in issues with PC.net or PC forums.
    Out of curiosity, if no one else has this issue except you.....why, again, is "this site messed up"?
    Different domains can't share cookies (what keeps you logged in) so this is expected and planned behavior.

HardBeatZ is on the money. Unless you need to post on the main page or want to download from it you needn't login there. Just login to the forum, select "stay logged" and things should work okay....or they do for me at least.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    does that to me to. shouldn't have to log in twice. o well
    Well, I was logged in as well. Had to retrive my password to log in in the first place.

When I went to User Control Panel to change my password back, all menu buttons to the left work but the setting for password. When I click that one I'm sent to a new log-in page, where my username off course isn't recognized !?!?

Any hints on what to do ?
    Hi, please send email to precontact@precentral.net and report your login issues from there.

The problem (at least for me) is it'll show I'm logged in at Precentral.net but when I come to the forums I'm not logged in. Not a problem, except when I try to log in, I get the "thank you for logging in, Retirecom" message but when the page loads, it doesn't show me logged in. It appears to accept the password, but won't show me logged in.

Per an email from Dieter when this happened last year, it is a cookie issue. (because of the two sites?)

I just deleted all cookies related to PreCentral OR TreoCentral and VOILA! it works again in FF.

The walk through for those not familiar:
    Tools > Options > Privacy > Show Cookies
    There I searched "central" and deleted anything referencing PreCentral or TreoCentral.

If you never change (or forget) your password, you may never have had the issue.
    My frustration w/HP best characterized by Col George Taylor.
    I think that cookies might be the issue here. I think troubles really took off when I had to retrieve a new password. I did retrieve the new password though because I experienced trouble exactly like the ones described in the previous post. Now when I log in on a new unit (and apperently no cookies) it works fine.

Why are there to different sites?
    The two sites are just natural progression as Palm platform changes. We still have members using the Treo Palm and Windows OS so the original forum stays while giving them a view of the new devices. The issue on the login is related to where you request for password changes.

If you are having password issues, please send an email to precontact@precentral.net.
    So in principle the same username and password works on both forums, but if you request a new password at one of the forums - it only works there? And vice versa?

If so, maybe a notice of this would be in place so that one remembers to change password on the other site? By the way, what are the two different sites? I haven't been able to distinguish which ones we are talking about really.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    The two sites are just natural progression as Palm platform changes. We still have members using the Treo Palm and Windows OS so the original forum stays while giving them a view of the new devices. The issue on the login is related to where you request for password changes.

If you are having password issues, please send an email to .
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I think it is a glitch. I have the same issue sometime. Don't get discouraged I also have the problem sometime when I log into Homebrew. There is a lot of neat information here that you will miss if you don't visit. Give it another chance. I have made my Pre just as good as my blackberry or better. I love this site and Homebrew
    Kaneadsha
    Quote Originally Posted by kaneadsha jones View Post
    I think it is a glitch. I have the same issue sometime. Don't get discouraged I also have the problem sometime when I log into Homebrew. There is a lot of neat information here that you will miss if you don't visit. Give it another chance. I have made my Pre just as good as my blackberry or better. I love this site and Homebrew

+1 i've learned heaps here its worth sticking around.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast