Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Yes, but it doesn't say who thanked you unless you ckick on each of those posts.
    It would be nice if that was included with the results so it would just be a quick glance.

I'm a very, very busy person.
    TOTALLY NOT busy.
    Oh right, you didn't mention that you needed to see who thanked you in your original post.
    It would be nice if the feature existed.

Oh and I fixed your last post for you
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Oh right, you didn't mention that you needed to see who thanked you in your original post.
    It would be nice if the feature existed.

Oh and I fixed your last post for you
    Heh heh, "thanks".
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    I wish and hope they make a thanks button for the mobile site, which would be awesome. :-)
    Yeah, i dunno what's taking so long for that. I do know we've been asking for months and months and months.
    hey dbd you at work already ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    hey dbd you at work already ?
    Yeah, i start at 6:30.
    I'm at work too so don't feel so bad, ha !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I'm at work too so don't feel so bad, ha !
    Okay, lol.
    Just a reminder! No one on here get pays for helping a fellow Precentral user, so by showing your appreciation a thanks is suffice. Please press the thanks button on the "RIGHT"
    I get paid...
    I'd be more thankful if the mobile site had a 'Thank' button.
    I browse the site mostly from m.precentral.net
    + another 1
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I'd be more thankful if the mobile site had a 'Thank' button.
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by berd
    I browse the site mostly from m.precentral.net
    Me too.

are we going to see a thanks button for the mobile site? I, like many of you, mainly view from the mobile site and this would be a great feature to have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    are we going to see a thanks button for the mobile site?
    I see one.
    It's right here --> [Thanks]
    Go ahead, press it!
    I wish and hope they make a thanks button for the mobile site, which would be awesome. :-)
    I want to thank you but I'm on my phone.
    bumped lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    This is not meant to be sarcastic at all, but what exactly is the purpose of thanks/points buttons on various websites? Does "keeping score" really matter that much to people (or perhaps a better question is "should it matter?")? For instance, is someone replying to a post and saying "thanks" any worse than pushing the thanks button?

I get that people are much more inclined to help others and be friendly if they receive some sort of recognition, but sometimes it feels like these systems merely promote some sort of artificial recognition or competition rather than helping someone simply for altruistic reasons. I guess it's not a huge issue, but it just peeves me when someone posts a helpful tip then proceeds to complain when they don't get enough thanks for it.

The one legitimate use of the thanks button may be to give an easy guide to who the most reliable posters are, but it seems like it often strays from this ideal use. Anyways, sorry for the rant, and as I am rather new to PC, I will make sure to thank people who create useful patches or have truly meaningful advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by guggenheim View Post
    This is not meant to be sarcastic at all, but what exactly is the purpose of thanks/points buttons on various websites? Does "keeping score" really matter that much to people (or perhaps a better question is "should it matter?")? For instance, is someone replying to a post and saying "thanks" any worse than pushing the thanks button?

I get that people are much more inclined to help others and be friendly if they receive some sort of recognition, but sometimes it feels like these systems merely promote some sort of artificial recognition or competition rather than helping someone simply for altruistic reasons. I guess it's not a huge issue, but it just peeves me when someone posts a helpful tip then proceeds to complain when they don't get enough thanks for it.

The one legitimate use of the thanks button may be to give an easy guide to who the most reliable posters are, but it seems like it often strays from this ideal use. Anyways, sorry for the rant, and as I am rather new to PC, I will make sure to thank people who create useful patches or have truly meaningful advice.
    Hi guggenheim and Welcome to the P|C forums!
    You kind of hit the button on the head with your remark about it being a good source of seeing who the more reliable posters are in the forums. For some people, getting the 'thanks' is too much of a focus, but there are also a lot of people out there who go out of their way to assist members with no 'thank you' of any kind in return. Granted, the points cannot be cashed in for some sort of P|C swag, but it does help show who is more apt to truly offer help vs. simply post a comment in a thread.

The 'Thanks' button is just a quick and easy way to let someone know they helped, but certainly isn't mandatory. Now... hit my "Thanks" ----> LOL (just kiddin!)
    Of course it's nice to have ppl press the thanks button for us, but we shouldn't act like a waiter asking for our tip after your meal.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    Of course it's nice to have ppl press the thanks button for us, but we shouldn't act like a waiter asking for our tip after your meal.
    Exactly. I'm not one to ask for 'Thanks'. I find it odd that some people have "If I helped you, press the 'Thank' button" in their signatures...
    Thanks for the bump.
    I wish I could be button thankful, but I'm browsing the mobile site. - there isn't a 'Thanks' button.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast