Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I Simply want to voice my personal opinion about the post counts in forums.

They should not exist. Why?
    1. Senority is not based on how often you type, nor is it an indicator of knowledge.
    2. I've been a member for a year now. (When I got my first Pre) and I still see
    "To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 8 posts."
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    3. I've noticed from browsing forums for the past 10 years that a fair amount of people posting frequently, post again sometimes 2 or 3 more times, instead of editing their original post from 2 minutes ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by hpram99 View Post
    I Simply want to voice my personal opinion about the post counts in forums.

They should not exist. Why?
    1. Senority is not based on how often you type, nor is it an indicator of knowledge.
    2. I've been a member for a year now. (When I got my first Pre) and I still see
    "To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 8 posts."
    Guess that's just one of the rules on here. Keep the chin up. :-) There is some rules I'm not please with myself... But hey! That's life.
    its to prevent spam bots. Lots of forums do that...
    Congratulations! You have ten.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Congratulations! You have ten.
    I've been outed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hpram99 View Post
    I've been outed!
    lol
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    With respect, it does go some way to measure how much a person has contributed to the community - a (hypothetical) person with 10 posts may be extremely knowledgeable, but if so then why not share that knowledge with the community?

That's not to say that a person with 5000 posts has posted 5000 useful pieces of information - but 5000 contributions have been made (whether in the form of opinion, companionship, knowledge or debate) and therefore that person should be distinguished in some manner.
    Quote Originally Posted by errade View Post
    With respect, it does go some way to measure how much a person has contributed to the community - a (hypothetical) person with 10 posts may be extremely knowledgeable, but if so then why not share that knowledge with the community?

That's not to say that a person with 5000 posts has posted 5000 useful pieces of information - but 5000 contributions have been made (whether in the form of opinion, companionship, knowledge or debate) and therefore that person should be distinguished in some manner.
    I faithfully agree and could not have said it any better.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Personally, I find it difficult in most cases to post a reply before someone else in the forum answers a question. So I typically don't post as it would just be redundant.

That said, I'm at 9. One more to go! :-)