1.    #1  
    That thing is obnoxiously distracting. Can we have an option to kill the animation? Better yet, put a manual start for the animation. It's really annoying trying to read articles with that oversized palm screen flipping through things.
    : (){:|:&};:
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    That thing is obnoxiously distracting. Can we have an option to kill the animation? Better yet, put a manual start for the animation. It's really annoying trying to read articles with that oversized palm screen flipping through things.
    My answer was to install the NoScript addon to Firefox. I have to believe PreCentral hired someone from Yahoo to design that annoying, obnoxious and seizure inducing animation.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by FreudSlipped View Post
    My answer was to install the NoScript addon to Firefox. I have to believe PreCentral hired someone from Yahoo to design that annoying, obnoxious and seizure inducing animation.
    lol (sadly) at the yahoo reference. Remember what they did to their excellent tv listings? They lost a crapload of casual yahoo users over that one.
    : (){:|:&};:
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Well, it definitely draws your attention (and it is supposed to), but maybe too much for some people.
    What doesn't work, however, is the featured app submission form, which says:
    Validation error, please try again. If this error persists, please contact the site administrator.
    I agree, it is quite distracting. Maybe the best solution is to have a play / next button. But also have it load the first screenshot randomly. I know drupal can do this with the module views carousel. (i've used it before)

for those who don't know, precentral runs off the open source cms drupal
    Last edited by Nightburn; 05/26/2010 at 12:36 PM. Reason: typos