Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is there any interest in getting together with other P|C members for some kinda event? IDK, maybe a live PalmCast? Custom Pre comparison... A meet and great with the people we spend so much time talking with and complaining about? I'd be interested, name the spot Dieter!

Maybe get a few dev's together....special guess shipped in all the way from canada Jason Robitaille.....(rod if you wanna fly that far, love to meet you)

Get enough people together and get some discounted hotel rates... eh? eh? Anyone else trying to trick the girlfriend into doing something webos'y for vacation instead of a week with her parents????
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  2.    #2  
    No one interested eh?

Your idea is solid.

Personally.....If I told my wife I was going to a webOS convention for the weekend she would likley trade me in for an upgrade.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    i'd be up for it...
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    No one interested eh?
    I like the idea, if it could be in the Mid-West area I'd be there.
  6.    #6  
    st louis?

Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    I like the idea, if it could be in the Mid-West area I'd be there.
    wouldn't it be done over the web??
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    wouldn't it be done over the web??
    i was thinking of an actual get together.... I'm up for anywhere in the CONUS

I take it back if we can all agree on Montreal, Cannes or something similar. That would likely cancel out my wife perceived webOS craziness.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Personally.....If I told my wife I was going to a webOS convention for the weekend she would likley trade me in for an upgrade.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    st louis?
    St. Louis would be awesome, I've always wanted to go there just to get some Whitecastle burgers and eat at Jack in the Box. I'd take a road trip down there in a heart beat, pretty central location as well. I'm sure organizing such an event would be a huge task, but it would be great to have some sort of webOS Convention or something like that.
    The likelyhood of my wife being okay with this increases the closer we get to Hawaii.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  12.    #12  
    It would, rock. If we did it, to say celebrate HP's purchase of Palm, and got enough people coming out, Maybe Palm would be interested in doing something there as well....

13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    I take it back if we can all agree on Montreal, Cannes or something similar. That would likely cancel out my wife perceived webOS craziness.
    my plan is to stop by her parents for an evening, and watch as she changes her mind and decides to come with me, that or she could stay the weekend with them... by herself... So it'll be the two of us!

San Diego would be perfect. Not that I am biased.
    I don't think I'll have the bandwidth to organize anything for at least a month
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    I don't think I'll have the bandwidth to organize anything for at least a month
    in no hurry, I get to use it when ever

Not sure my wife would let me do anything outside of Salt Lake. Although It would be easier to cinvince her if it were in Vegas, she has been wanting to go for awhile.
    I am no longer a part of the Pre Central Community.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    St. Louis would be awesome, I've always wanted to go there just to get some Whitecastle burgers and eat at Jack in the Box. I'd take a road trip down there in a heart beat, pretty central location as well. I'm sure organizing such an event would be a huge task, but it would be great to have some sort of webOS Convention or something like that.
    St. Louis is a cool place, I agree. I used to live there, and I can say.. that White Castle is good, however seeing that I'm from the south, Krystal Burgers are better. And living in Dallas at the moment, I can say Jack in the Box makes some good food too, the Ultimate Cheeseburger is a major win... but I digress.

I think a convention would be awesome. If we could show how awesome our WebOS community is, that we would arrange one ourselves... take that Apple! I'm up for it!
    Vegas or bust! Flights in and out of Sin City are cheapest. I'd be down as long as all of the attendees received free EVOs...oops...wrong conference...i meant touchstones.
    Geekapaloosa 2010?

lol
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast