Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    I'm going to add another for Mamouton. Knowledgable and helpful, that's a forum leader to me.

Milo, thanks for adding a profile links for the nominated... It's interesting, and maybe a little voyeuristic, to see what people like to post on. Looking at my own reveals my addiction to the One Letter game.
    Just took a peek at the "Leaderboard" and that looks like one heck of a good "top 10" list up there at the start. I have only been on the Pre|Central forums for a relatively short time - but I READ one heck of a lot more than I post and have found most of my problems/questions have already been addressed/resolved. But just the same - if I had to pick one name it would be:

Jason Robitaille
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgeekster View Post
    Just took a peek at the "Leaderboard" and that looks like one heck of a good "top 10" list up there at the start. I have only been on the Pre|Central forums for a relatively short time - but I READ one heck of a lot more than I post and have found most of my problems/questions have already been addressed/resolved. But just the same - if I had to pick one name it would be:

Jason Robitaille
    You may nominate as many members as you like.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  4.    #304  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    ..If I see a post (or poster) that I believe will harm the homebrew community in the long run, I am going to continue to call it as
    Rod, the community says that you are not just a leader but a Legend. I agree with them.

It is healthy to have differences of opinions especially when we are in the storming phases. Our list of nominees is a list of creative Type A's. It's why they are so good...and crazy at times.

Sometimes a caustic remark said in the heat of the moment can cause harm that just can't be justified. But it does not make all of the good obsolete.

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    +1
    +1
    I would like to add a nomination for pastorrich1
    I have to say, i'm surprised i haven't seen anybody else vote for bevcraw.
    She's always helping people here, always steady and in complete control of her responses.
    I have a vote in for her, but i haven't seen it on the tally post.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    I have to say, i'm surprised i haven't seen anybody else vote for bevcraw.
    She's always helping people here, always steady and in complete control of her responses.
    I have a vote in for her, but i haven't seen it on the tally post.
    You're absolutely right, but she's a Mod and therefore not in the running.

Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    You're absolutely right, but she's a Mod and therefore not in the running.
    Oh!
    That's embarrassing.
    I never noticed that. It shows you how often i use the PC to browse here.
    (It would be great to have more info on the mobile side of the forum.)

Nevermind then.
    Sorry Bev.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Oh!
    That's embarrassing.
    I never noticed that. It shows you how often i use the PC to browse here.
    (It would be great to have more info on the mobile side of the forum.)

Nevermind then.
    Sorry Bev.
    If there was a "m.precentral" forum leader I would think you would have to win hands down.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Well gonna throw my votes out, definately the Legends (Jason Robitalie and Rwhitby) but also Pastorrich1 as well
    Here are some that I thought I already voted for... but missed for some reason.

• Hardbeatz -- (needs a much better title)

And these guys have been awesome at helping people with special requests in the Wallpaper forums!
    • Urlmaker
    • Jhoove
    • noco37
    • NachoB
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 05/22/2010 at 04:49 PM.
    Thanks to all that felt I deserved a nomination. Unfortunately I must decline as I have transformed into a Forum Modorator.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Thanks to all that felt I deserved a nomination. Unfortunately I must decline as I have transformed into a Forum Modorator.
    Congratulations!!!

transformers !!!! Where ? Congrats !!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I think this post is really important.

A forum leader needs to put the good of the forum foremost in all things.

I cannot promise to do that, which is why I respectfully decline the nomination.

If I see a post (or poster) that I believe will harm the homebrew community in the long run, I am going to continue to call it as I see it, sometimes putting my technical strong opinions ahead of being kind (although still attempting to always be polite and keep the discussion objective and technical)...
    Thanks,
    -- Rod
    I like this post alot. At first, I was shocked by Rod's earlier post that he wanted to withdraw from consideration--I have been blown away by his patience in repeating basic details on installation and troubleshooting. And I've appreciated this patience as I am not the most technical and it is a modeling patience, slowing down, confidence in trying out some of the apps/patches and knowing that people will help unsnarl the installation/usage knots. Also, I am suitably humbled by not following his caution on some issue and having thus to doctor my phone and spend some hours on troubleshooting. I do not think an errant post or two or even an "official" warning from the mods can erase his influence as leader.

Never-the-less, I do read in this second post by Rod, that he is telling us of his need to follow his own guidelines above the "forum leader" ones. I respect this understanding that the "forum leaders" may have different aims and goals they wish to promote than Rod does. I respect Rod's need to follow his own truth and to be free. And I personally benefit from hearing his authentic voice and want to hear it.

I am Ok with Rod as a leader of Webosinternals and others as Precentral Forum Leaders. That list looks good on the front page and I am grateful to so many that contribute and make the boards a useful place for me to learn and to teach my non-techie friends about the pre.
    not only do I re re nominate Jason Robitye, I hereby suggest that he is the chief leader and must protect the light at the center of the precentral forum.
    nobody is voting anymore ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    As was said before me: Thank you to everyone who nominated me, but I, too have become a Transformer...errr...Forum Moderator.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    I think everyone that has been voted for deserves the regonition. This is an awesome community. Add these to my list of votes as well....

urlmaker
    NachoB
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.