Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 471
  1. #281  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    [Heh, just noticed that this is my 4000'th post ...]

    I'm going to ask for my name to be removed from the nomination list (or at least marked as "nomination graciously declined"). My reasons are two-fold:

    1) I've previously been given an official warning for my behaviour in the forums.

    2) I usually don't help people in general, but just on WebOS Internals products, and usually only when the answer is not already in the documentation somewhere or earlier in the thread.

    -- Rod (BTW, AT&T Palm Pre Plus overclocking is now available in Preware)
    first congrats on your 4000th post, which brings me to your first point. Given 4k posts I think a warning here or there is to be expected, and cerainly not a disqualification.

    and speaking of disqualifications, there are ni limits on what subjects you help with. Given you often help clear up some of the murkyest of murky bits, that befuddle members, myself included, I don't think it is cause for disqualification.

    now that said, could we change your mind, or would you allow me to request the mods develop a title speciffic to you, and other homebrew heroes?
  2. #282  
    Has anyone nominated Sudoer yet? He is incredibly helpful. Add him for me.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity



    Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  3. #283  
    I second sudoer. Not sure how he could be missed.
  4. #284  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Has anyone nominated Sudoer yet? He is incredibly helpful. Add him for me.
    You're right.
    How did everybody forget him?
    I vote for sudoer too, he hasn't been here for the last few weeks (I think i answered my own question), but i'm sure he'll be back.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 05/21/2010 at 12:07 AM.
  5. #285  
    This is the best thread ever.

    Gotta give out a thanks to all that humbled me with a nomination but a bigger thanks to the entire deserving PreCentral community (devs and users alike) for making this site what it is today.

    On a separate note: Jason R. for Prez!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  6. #286  
    WOW- how could I have missed this thread?!!!

    I LOVE treocentral/precentral....Im a diehard Palm Fan.

    Thanks to all whom voted/nominated for me, I would love to be a forum leader!

    Here's my pick (roughly on the top of my head, no part order):

    milominderbinder; already a Mod, but needs recognition as well
    Jason Robitaille
    Mamouton
    rwhitby
    NuttyBunny
    jhoff80
    Last edited by trim81; 05/21/2010 at 04:21 AM.
  7. #287  
    Wow.... I don't know if I can decide on who's the best at being helpful... I honestly enjoy reading everyone's posts, whether they are pro or con WebOS.. its just the sharing of information that is what I come here for, and for that, this is a great place!

    Could I just vote for everyone??? (cause, I think you all do such a great job!)

    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

  8. #288  
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post

    Could I just vote for everyone??? (cause, I think you all do such a great job!)

    I am pretty sure you can vote for everybody because blaize did in an earlier post
  9. #289  
    Another for Shadavis08
  10. #290  
    Jason Robitaille
    rwhitby

    It's great to see a list with so many nominees on it. Not to mention we have many individuals who do a lot behind the scenes but don't spend as much time in the forums. This community truly is like no other.

    IMHO, Jason and Rod are the "leaders" of the forums. Without them there would be a huge void to fill.
  11. #291  
    I really must second a couple of things from Achill3s post above and peterlemonjello's post…

    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    ...
    Gotta give out a thanks to all that humbled me with a nomination
    Actually, I hardly make it out of the webOS Patches subforum, and I don't regard myself as being very helpful there. It's definitely appreciated though.


    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    ...
    but a bigger thanks to the entire deserving PreCentral community (devs and users alike) for making this site what it is today.
    Especially, the users who try out things before it goes into Preware AND folks who share that one thing they may have experienced which helps everyone who finds it.

    I believe these are key components of what makes this community successful.


    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    ...
    IMHO, Jason and Rod are the "leaders" of the forums. Without them there would be a huge void to fill.
    Without them, we might be be a bunch of halfa$$ hackers (android/iPhone)…I really hope that's not too over the top.


    btw...Please add a vote for egaudet & lclarkjr.

    .
  12. #292  
    Adding
    Abyssul
    shadavis08


    then everyone else. It is a family after all
    If I helped you please vote for me.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

    HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
  13. #293  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    I would Like to nominate Mamouton. He has provided me and many other users alot of help with both homebrew and patches, he is not shy about PM's and answers them very quickly. He stays outta the Flame Folds and when I see him post on a topic, I know it will have useful information.
    Mamouton
    Wifi Media Sync 3.0 now available for PC and Mac OSX.
  14. #294  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    [Heh, just noticed that this is my 4000'th post ...]

    I'm going to ask for my name to be removed from the nomination list (or at least marked as "nomination graciously declined"). My reasons are two-fold:

    1) I've previously been given an official warning for my behaviour in the forums.

    2) I usually don't help people in general, but just on WebOS Internals products, and usually only when the answer is not already in the documentation somewhere or earlier in the thread.

    -- Rod (BTW, AT&T Palm Pre Plus overclocking is now available in Preware)
    I can appreciate your humility... but you've been an incredible help and have had an enormous effect on the WebOS community within Pre|Central. So, I hope the mods respectfully decline to remove your name from the list. You deserve it.

    And... unlike others who feel the need to constantly hover in this forum posting dumb things attempting to be funny and begging people to vote for them - the votes you received are unsolicited and because we truly do respect you and what you've done for us. So mods... please keep Rod's nomination alive
  15. #295  
    jason caj and jhoff
  16. #296  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Just for the record-
    I have not solicited any votes.
    I thanked people when they voted for me and i don't think there's anything wrong with that.
    Yea, I'm not sure who he was talking about... I'm sure i'm one of the people who are "hovering" around here.

    Mods, I'd like to drop out of the running. The main requirement you keep mentioning is "always helpful and always nice". I like to think of myself as pretty helpful around here. I also try to behave myself and treat people nicely.

    However, I am far from 'ALWAYS helpful and ALWAYS nice'. There are other people here who should be the Forum Leaders. I'm sure there are only a limited number of "Forum Leader" titles available and I just don't feel right possibly taking one away from someone else who actually deserves it.

    I am very flattered that I've received 9 nominations so far though. Thank you. I'm still not quite sure why you nominated me, but I do appreciate it!

    Good luck to the rest of you still in the running. You all deserve to be noticed for your great work around here!

    I'll just continue helping people in my own special way.

    -Garrett
  17. #297  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Yea, I'm not sure who he was talking about... I'm sure i'm one of the people who are "hovering" around here.

    Mods, I'd like to drop out of the running. The main requirement you keep mentioning is "always helpful and always nice". I like to think of myself as pretty helpful around here. I also try to behave myself and treat people nicely.

    However, I am far from 'ALWAYS helpful and ALWAYS nice'. There are other people here who should be the Forum Leaders. I'm sure there are only a limited number of "Forum Leader" titles available and I just don't feel right possibly taking one away from someone else who actually deserves it.

    I am very flattered that I've received 9 nominations so far though. Thank you. I'm still not quite sure why you nominated me, but I do appreciate it!

    Good luck to the rest of you still in the running. You all deserve to be noticed for your great work around here!

    I'll just continue helping people in my own special way.

    -Garrett
    I don't think i'd ever qualify either. Always helpful and always nice is nearly impossible in a forum where users will disagree or have debates.

    Now if this were strictly tech support? Maybe those two qualities might matter most. But then how many of us would be here? Even this thread is turning into something that has nothing to do with being helpful and nice.

    Besides, how many times have we seen "next time try searching, you moron" from some of the nominees :P
  18. #298  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    I don't think i'd ever qualify either. Always helpful and always nice is nearly impossible in a forum where users will disagree or have debates.

    Now if this were strictly tech support? Maybe those two qualities might matter most. But then how many of us would be here? Even this thread is turning into something that has nothing to do with being helpful and nice.

    Besides, how many times have we seen "next time try searching, you moron" from some of the nominees :P
    I do agree with most of your points. It's nearly impossible to ALWAYS be helpful and nice lol...

    As far as telling people to search in a somewhat mean way, I am totaly guilty of that I don't think I can ALWAYS be helpful and nice. I just like to have fun, joke around, and help people along the way. Of course, I can get kinda mean at times as well. That's why I'm not fit to be a "Forum Leader".
  19.    #299  
    The OP leader board is updated.

    Just deleted a lot of posts. This thread has to stay on track or others will get frustrated and not vote. And we do not have time to dig through the off topic posts to find the real nominations.

    Again, this is for the members who always help and are always nice. There are lots of them. Please do not vote for someone who would say "Search for yourself." There are about 200 members who are here non-stop every day. The other 360,000 may not have read every post in every forum.

    Likewise not everyone is on best behavior all of the time. But it takes just one flame to send a hundred readers away and they never come back. Private disputes need to be kept private.

    And no, we will not remove any nominees from the list except one bogus one...and three self nominaitons...and the ones for mods...

    As a forum leader you would be representing PreCentral. Forget the past. Would you be nice in the future?

    - Craig
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 05/21/2010 at 05:07 PM.
  20. #300  
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    The OP leader board is updated.

    Just deleted a lot of posts. This thread has to stay on track or others will get frustrated and not vote. And we do not have time to dig through the off topic posts to find the real nominations.

    Again, this is for the members who always help and are always nice. There are lots of them. Please do not vote for someone who would say "Search for yourself." There are about 200 members who are here non-stop every day. The other 360,000 may not have read every post in every forum.

    Likewise not everyone is on best behavior all of the time. But it takes just one flame to send a hundred readers away and they never come back. Private disputes need to be kept private.

    And no, we will not remove any nominees from the list except one bogus one...and three self nominaitons...and the ones for mods...

    As a forum leader you would be representing PreCentral. Forget the past. Would you be nice in the future?

    - Craig
    I think this post is really important.

    A forum leader needs to put the good of the forum foremost in all things.

    I cannot promise to do that, which is why I respectfully decline the nomination.

    If I see a post (or poster) that I believe will harm the homebrew community in the long run, I am going to continue to call it as I see it, sometimes putting my technical strong opinions ahead of being kind (although still attempting to always be polite and keep the discussion objective and technical).

    I don't want to dig up any history with this post (and if this post gets deleted by the mods I will respect their decision as always), but I have strong technical opinions and I cannot promise to put those secondary to always being helpful and kind.

    For those reasons, I believe other nominees will perform this important forum role better than I.

    Thanks,
    -- Rod

Posting Permissions