Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 36 of 36
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    A minimum post count sounds like a good idea but may have potential downfalls. What if a genuine new comer to precentral has a good question that even with search they cant find a resonablle answer to, do they then have to post several pointless posts just to ask their specific question?

    This may put new users off getting in to the precentral community and we always like having new members.
    If they have a problem with their phone they can post in the bug threads or complaint threads. I'm sure there are threads meant for people getting help. They use this sorta system on a lot of forums that get trolled a lot. Like all the NHL sites use them because other fans come and troll, yet their memberships keep growing.

    The community here is too good to have new members get turned off by a minimum post count. If we don't fix this now, new members will be turned off anyways constantly having to read about how "I'm getting the EVO SUCKAS! BYEEEE!!!1!!".
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by ltlruss View Post
    Problem is, most of them start in the Pre forum then get moved...
    Exactly. And they go on for about a page before it's moved.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    I for one have a bigger problem with the religion and politcal off-topic threads. Who in a tech community wants to hear about the latest injustice or why Adam didnt do something that Noah did and such. This is a tech forum and the EVO posts make more sense than the nonsense that goes on in the Off-Topic threads.
    This is a tech forum yes, but this sub forum is for the Palm Pre, NOT the EVO, Incredible, or LG Chocolate.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Exactly. And they go on for about a page before it's moved.
    Please Report threads that are posted in wrong forum.
  5. #25  
    The mods could add a 'Hate this:' button next to the 'Thanks:' button at the bottom of each post.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Please Report threads that are posted in wrong forum.
    Will do. But I try to avoid even going into those threads b/c they're not germane to what I come here for which is the Pre and b/c they turn into crap on Palm threads.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  7. #27  
    There should be a min. new post count like 20. An mods should make a Newbie Section an have an 0 post count.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    There should be a min. new post count like 20. An mods should make a Newbie Section an have an 0 post count.
  9. #29  
    i'm still tr5ying to figure out whose avatar i like more
  10. #30  
    there should be a downrank and uprank option for threads themselves. There should also be a sort option for uprank/downrank would help eliminate having to search through BS threads!

    I do think the OP was trolling for an argument here, seriously in the correct subforum EVO posts do no real harm. It would be nice to have the downrank/uprank/sort feature available...
  11. #31  
    so our fellow pre users who maybe just signed up can't ask for help on issues until he writes on other posts. That is unfair to our fellow PalmUsers and if this did happen they would just pick a thread and write 100 posts until they could do a thread. So this would be pointless.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    There should be a min. new post count like 20. An mods should make a Newbie Section an have an 0 post count.
    While I agree with the intensions of this suggestion, the thing that bothers me about is that often the first time someone searches for a community such as this is when they first encounter a question they have about their device. Then they google it, find precentral and join because they want to post their question. Many of those people then become active even productive member of the community by eventually contributing to questions of others. If there's a min post count, the first step of this process may never occur.

    Maybe better:

    If a new-b (someone with less than some min post count) creates a new post, the post needs to be approved by a mod before it actually shows up in the forums.

    Would that overwhealm the mods with too much stuff to monitor?
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Please Report threads that are posted in wrong forum.
    :taps berdinkerdickle on the shoulder: um... Isn't THIS thread in the wrong forum?
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris_C3 View Post
    I think maybe a filter would be nice. I could filter anything that had "Goodbye Palm" in the thread title. That would solve alot of my bitterness.
    Au Revoir serrer la main.... People will always find a way around the filter. Just report those and they will join the General Pre Complaints thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by beastobadness View Post
    The mods could add a 'Hate this:' button next to the 'Thanks:' button at the bottom of each post.
    This could work except for the fact that people will abuse this feature.

    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    there should be a downrank and uprank option for threads themselves. There should also be a sort option for uprank/downrank would help eliminate having to search through BS threads!

    I do think the OP was trolling for an argument here, seriously in the correct subforum EVO posts do no real harm. It would be nice to have the downrank/uprank/sort feature available...
    Agree. If there was a way for the stars to mean anything, I would go with that.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    While I agree with the intensions of this suggestion, the thing that bothers me about is that often the first time someone searches for a community such as this is when they first encounter a question they have about their device. Then they google it, find precentral and join because they want to post their question. Many of those people then become active even productive member of the community by eventually contributing to questions of others. If there's a min post count, the first step of this process may never occur.

    Maybe better:

    If a new-b (someone with less than some min post count) creates a new post, the post needs to be approved by a mod before it actually shows up in the forums.

    Would that overwhealm the mods with too much stuff to monitor?
    That would require many more people than we have now.

    The other issue would be that the majority of the crap threads that get posted are from members with more than 20 posts.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  16. #36  
    If you have a concern about a post that you feel might be trolling, flamebait, calling others names, insulting, etc. just click the report button and tell us your concerns.

    Please report the "I'm leaving" threads so that we can move them into the complaints thread.

    But public complaints about how moderators are doing their job violates the Forum Guidelines:

    http://forums.precentral.net/treocen...uncements.html

    - Craig
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions