Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 63
  1.    #1  
    What is up with this rule? It seems outrageous to me. I'm a new user trying to get the 800 mhz kernel and I can't even see the link because I don't have any posts. I guess i'm missing the point of said rule.

    It's enticing me to make 10 random and insignificant posts just to see sigs.

    weird.

    thanks! I guess I have one post now...
    -Luke
  2. #2  
    you can view the person's signature by clicking on the user which takes you to the user's profile and clicking on the 'about me'. You should now see those links you were after.
  3. #3  
    Or you could participate in one of the many ongoing conversations and be rewarded for your effort.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    Or you could participate in one of the many ongoing conversations and be rewarded for your effort.
    Well at this point I don't have too much to offer... since i've only had the phone for a day. Unless, of course, you want a bunch of noobish posts.

    Thank you novakry!
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sipple31 View Post
    Well at this point I don't have too much to offer... since i've only had the phone for a day. Unless, of course, you want a bunch of noobish posts.

    Thank you novakry!
    Makes sense but there's always off topic, and I'm sure since you've only had your Pre for a day you'd probably want to ask questions about it. Especially considering you're about to overclock it to 800Mhz. I wasn't trying to be rude, I was just saying the rule isn't there to get people to inflate post counts. It's to entice people to participate. Which of course this thread is doing
  6. #6  
    Well if it makes you feel any better, I agree it's a silly rule that has unintended negative consequences. Now if you reply to me in agreement you'll be one post closer to the magic number!
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    Makes sense but there's always off topic, and I'm sure since you've only had your Pre for a day you'd probably want to ask questions about it. Especially considering you're about to overclock it to 800Mhz. I wasn't trying to be rude, I was just saying the rule isn't there to get people to inflate post counts. It's to entice people to participate. Which of course this thread is doing
    Posts in 'Off Topic' don't count towards your post count. I'm not sure if posts here do either.
  8. #8  
    It is to prevent several things. The rule is not 100 posts. It is just 10. If there is a link you want to view prior to hitting 10, let us know. Otherwise, please find 10 meaningful places to post.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    Makes sense but there's always off topic, and I'm sure since you've only had your Pre for a day you'd probably want to ask questions about it. Especially considering you're about to overclock it to 800Mhz. I wasn't trying to be rude, I was just saying the rule isn't there to get people to inflate post counts. It's to entice people to participate. Which of course this thread is doing
    haha yeah - it is so much simpler to work on than WinMo that I haven't had too many questions thus far. I came from the dark side!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Samizdat2003 View Post
    Well if it makes you feel any better, I agree it's a silly rule that has unintended negative consequences. Now if you reply to me in agreement you'll be one post closer to the magic number!
    lol true!
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Posts in 'Off Topic' don't count towards your post count. I'm not sure if posts here do either.
    Well then, I just got verbally smacked down Thanks for the clarification.
  11. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    Well then, I just got verbally smacked down Thanks for the clarification.


    I just checked and confirmed that posts here don't count either. It's not that hard to get 10 posts. Just go out there and comment on some threads or ask some questions.

    Just don't go around to year-old threads and post "pls ignore" 10 times like one guy did lol
  12.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    It is to prevent several things. The rule is not 100 posts. It is just 10. If there is a link you want to view prior to hitting 10, let us know. Otherwise, please find 10 meaningful places to post.
    Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    Eeeeeeewwwww WinMo
    LOL tell me about it. Constantly flashing new ROMs that might, just MIGHT freeze less and have less bugs. What a joke.

    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post


    I just checked and confirmed that posts here don't count either. It's not that hard to get 10 posts. Just go out there and comment on some threads or ask some questions.

    Just don't go around to year-old threads and post "pls ignore" 10 times like one guy did lol
    lol thanks for all the tips. Now that I know I can at least view their profile to see the links i'm good and I will stop "fighting the power"... although I still don't see what they're trying to prevent. Oh wells!
  13. #14  
    I agree. This rule is counter-intuitive. It's unwelcoming to new users to be immediately faced with a limitation in the forum. I can understand not being able to post links until you have 10 posts, but viewing signatures? Come on.
  14. #15  
    One of the key reasons why we put this was because we been used as spring board by spammers putting up links on the sigs. You will be surprise how much email complaint we get from other sites just because of the links.

    It is either the rule or the spammers.
  15. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by onemadrssn View Post
    I agree. This rule is counter-intuitive. It's unwelcoming to new users to be immediately faced with a limitation in the forum. I can understand not being able to post links until you have 10 posts, but viewing signatures? Come on.
    Me too. I'd be interested to know the reason behind it.
  16. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Me too. I'd be interested to know the reason behind it.
    Read what I posted before your post.
  17. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    Read what I posted before your post.
    Thanks for taking the time to explain it. I retract my agreement.
  18.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    One of the key reasons why we put this was because we been used as spring board by spammers putting up links on the sigs. You will be surprise how much email complaint we get from other sites just because of the links.

    It is either the rule or the spammers.
    thanks for the explanation
  19. #20  
    yes I agree this 10 post thing is annoying. I'll try to think up a better way.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions