1.    #1  
    How come some forums allow you to delete your own posts but other forums don't?

I made a few posts in the WebOS patch forum this morning and soon after, I found an answer, but when I went to delete the posts, I didn't have the delete option, only an edit option.

There are other Pre forums that allow you to delete your own post.

Is there a reason for this or is it just a forum bug? For example, I can't delete this post, it only gives me an option to edit it.
    Can you give me the link to that thread, please?
    you can delete posts but not threads which is what that post started a mod/admin/editor needs to delete a thread
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    Can you give me the link to that thread, please?
    Here is one of them. The first post in this thread is another.

From what I can tell, it seems that if I start a new thread, even if nobody else posts in it, I can't delete the post. But, I can delete a single post (of mine) in a thread, as long as it's not the first post.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    you can delete posts but not threads which is what that post started a mod/admin/editor needs to delete a thread
    Well what happened was I started a new thread. Nobody else posted in it at the time, there was just my first single post. A few minutes later, I wanted to delete it but did not have that option (I could only edit). That may just be the way the board is set up.
    That is indeed the way the board is set up. A thread is tied to the first post, so if you delete that post it essentially deletes the thread, which could potentially delete other users' content.

If you need to delete a first post / thread, report your own post and a mod will take care of it
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    If you need to delete a first post / thread, report your own post and a mod will take care of it
    I'm sure I am missing something painfully obvious, but how do you report a post. I can't seem to find that function.
    Quote Originally Posted by noco37 View Post
    I'm sure I am missing something painfully obvious, but how do you report a post. I can't seem to find that function.
    It is next to your status light that is green, and shaped like a triangle with a red boarder with an ! inside
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by noco37 View Post
    Click on the triangular icon below the avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Click on the triangular icon below the avatar.

LMAO i loved your reply, you used his pic and all
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    LMAO i loved your reply, you used his pic and all
    Yep, I missed something very obvious. Thanks!