Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Seriously guys, I don't think people visit Precentral.net to feel bad about their Pre or Pixi. We visit Precentral to learn about the coolest things available for the Pre. I could care less about the stock or sales, I just want to get excited about my Pre. If you can't find any positive things to post, then you guys need to hire somebody who can do a better job at keeping things positive here.
    dude shut the f up if you don't like it then don't visit the site. Everyone should know what the problems are the goods and the bads.
    check out this link on pcmag.com, re: an announcement by AT&T on future Palm phones.

Analysts: Sprint to Unveil WiMAX Phone - Reviews by PC Magazine

Why wasn't this mentioned on the main page in regard to some analysts' rant and the author's obvious disdain for palm. Combine this with TTB's post, and it's much more positive news re: Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Your suggesting that other complaints like daylight savings time mismatches and camera overwriting photos are bunk? My wife had these problems and her Pre is 100% stock.

Problems are a fact of life, why wouldn't we allow some threads that reflect that? This forum isn't a Palm vessel to sell more phones...it's a user forum.
    I'm not saying that all other problems aren't... I too lost a video because of the camera bug. But there are a few only that are real issues with the os update. The daylight saving issue has more to do with the carrier than with the device os. Most user did not have this issue and it's a fairly coomon issue when a device (not just webos) uses the carrier cell time and timezone.

WebOS is also one of the most "hackable" smartphone. Lots of people instal patches or mess with their devices one way or another. A lot of the reported issues are fixed by doctoring the device. In other words they are not present on a stock device.

When you have only one source of information (PreCentral forums) and not real stats (like a real scientific pool). And on top of that you do not confirm the "bugs" with Palm. Then you are not doing reporting.

Yes, there are issues with the 1.4 update... Some are severe (camera filenaming bug) and should be reported and fixed asap. However, I do believe that PreCentral should increase the quality of their reporting.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    OP, there must be a lot to complain about.
    Look...I'm not sure what your trying to say exactly. My wife had the DST issue (among others). Additionally when the phone found the correct time (after lots of screwing around) the system clock and the lock screen clock were correct but the clock on the top bar was not. Multiple reboots did not fix this problem, she just had to wait for a few days and it fixed itself somehow. Carrier issue? I don't think so.

As far a hacking goes. My wife has no interest in that what so ever and does not let me touch her phone. She hasn't even used the app catalogue for crying out loud. Her phone is 100% stock in every way.

Even without p|c to point them out to my wife, who has no interest in technology what so ever, she found bugs and asked me about them. They are real dude.

Quote Originally Posted by ukabu View Post
    The daylight saving issue has more to do with the carrier than with the device os. Most user did not have this issue and it's a fairly coomon issue when a device (not just webos) uses the carrier cell time and timezone.

WebOS is also one of the most "hackable" smartphone. Lots of people instal patches or mess with their devices one way or another. A lot of the reported issues are fixed by doctoring the device. In other words they are not present on a stock device.

Sprint|Samsung Epic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12