Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Years ago, my Mom taught us, if you do not have something to say, don't say anyting!
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by vertebra View Post

This order promotes WebOS

Palm Pre Faq:A Newbie Guide to Your WebOS Device!!! Welcome.
    PreCentral Getting Started Guide
    What Makes WebOS So Special (new sticky)
    Official webOS 1.4 Discussion
    Offical webOS 1.4 Anticipation, Discussion, Features, and Issues
    Official webOS 1.4 Issues
    General Pre Complaints

I would do the same in the Pixi forum.
    im sorry to say, but you missed one... and its the main one that is found on every section of the forums

Announcement: Forum Guidelines
    JHromadka (Editor)
    In the great FWIW department, I do know that both Sprint and Palm people read PreCentral regularly, so its good to have a problems/issues thread easy for them to access.

As to newcomers reading the stickies, unfortunately, many just don't. Heck, some people that have been around for a while haven't read them. At some point the issues/problems/new feature threads DO get too long to be useful and, in a perfect board-world, would be broken down into sub-categories on specific issues -- not practical I know but would be nice

Regarding the lack of searching, it is a huge problem but one that has been around since I've been here and not much seems to help. It would be nice if there was a honkin' huge SEARCH button right smack dab at the top center of each forum page that was hard to miss.

The lack of searching is not just annoying, it eventually results in the forums, especially on the main board, becomming increasingly less useful as knowledgeable people get tired or reading and responding to the same issues over and over. The knowledgeable posters tend to gravitate to the more specific boards, like patches or homebrew or whatever. Thus there are fewer and fewer "experts" on the main board as they just get tired of all the repeats and clutter. That means that there are a plethora of threads on same topic, many of which do not have the best information or even correct answers. [I, for one, have stopped replying to those that ask if there is ANY voice recorder solution for the Pre -- there is btw, just have to search!) Eventually, even those that DO search don't find the search very helpful as there are dozens of threads some of which don't have the best information, but how is one to know? Happend at TreoCentral each time a new phone came out -- main board was great for while, then degenerated.

Ah, well, hopefully we will have the C40 soon and we can start all over!
    Last edited by midmofan; 03/04/2010 at 11:06 AM.
    the problem is that there are many things that can be solved by the admins adding certain features to the forums code... for example there is a feature, that prevents useless bumping, if you post and than post again under yourself within 1 min it combines the 2 posts. this is just one of many many features that can be added to the forums its on the admins and mods to add these features, just like its on palm to add features to webos to make it more pleasant

my faq is huge and there is one small bit of code that if added would make life a whole lot simpler for people reading it
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    I'd say P|C is a user forum, not a webOS advertisement. People come here primarily to solve their problems (at least initially). P|C has no obligation to spin things otherwise. The forum reflects what users are thinking about and posting about.
    I totally agree. I am not saying to censor the posts. What I am saying is that this is the number 1 WebOS fan site. I think the stickies in the order that they are in are changing the minds of potential customers.

You don't even have to read them to get the negative vibe.

I think this hurts Palm as much as bad advertising and bad analysts reports.
    Last edited by vertebra; 03/04/2010 at 02:54 PM. Reason: grammer
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    For the most part, I agree. However, the TAGS feature could use some modification/monitoring/adjustment/whatever. Have you looked at some of the tags lately?
    Its the Nomans Land here in precentral. Seriously, drop an F bomb on their and it will last days....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    the problem is that there are many things that can be solved by the admins adding certain features to the forums code... for example there is a feature, that prevents useless bumping, if you post and than post again under yourself within 1 min it combines the 2 posts. this is just one of many many features that can be added to the forums its on the admins and mods to add these features, just like its on palm to add features to webos to make it more pleasant

my faq is huge and there is one small bit of code that if added would make life a whole lot simpler for people reading it
    I'd really like to see a comments rating system like engadgets. Lets police ourselves!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12