View Poll Results: Would you like to see an additional member type at 1000+ post if it can be done?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - It would be nice

27 56.25%
  • No - The chair is good enough

16 33.33%
  • Undesided

5 10.42%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Dear ronbo2000,

The types of membership names given to members are a few but one is missing.
    Types now are:
    Tazmorator (interesting one)
    and Administrator.

My question is that when a member has over 1000 post they get a chair icon yet under their name why doesn't the member type change?
    Could there be a name type like
    'chaired member" or something like that.
    Maybe some of the other members have an idea that they might share here.

The poll above is for your reference
    yeah, that does seem kinda logical, i agree
    Palm prē-ist.
    That ain't no chair, that's half of a Treo 650.
    Tazmorator is a custom title requested by berdinkerdickle in behalf of his avatar - the Taz.

This was suggested before but the way the prior admins set it up was to link more towards security group. Let me check around.
    lol i think it was meant as a title suggestion for tiered membership classifications, i hope he didnt think it was a chair lol
    Palm prē-ist.
  6.    #6  
    The icon of a half Treo I guess in my head started calling a chair only because it made more sense. If you think about it, being a Pre/Pixi community now, would it sound right to become a Treo'ed member or a chaired member. You could be a Pre/Pixi member but I don't think there are that many of us that in touch with ourselves. Leave the icon but only change the member status to something more rewarding. Please post any idea you may have for a name. If it can be done it would be nice for the member to come up with a name as a group. Anyways it's just thought.

Idea's
    Chaired Member
    Community Member
    WebOS Member
    Theme Member
    Code Member
    App Member
    Could keep are drop the "Member" part.
    If this can be done and the management here approves such a thing, I would like to post a poll later with some of the names that the community likes form this thread. So if you are game lets here it/them.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    Tazmorator is a custom title requested by berdinkerdickle in behalf of his avatar - the Taz.

This was suggested before but the way the prior admins set it up was to link more towards security group. Let me check around.
    Thought that was the case for Taz. Thank you for not only reading this thread but for responding. One of the things that makes this forum among the best on the net is the quality of the management and "Chaired (treo'ed) Members".
  8.    #9  
    Don't forget to Vote and leave your comments. If you don't then how is anyone that manages this site going to know what the membership likes or not.
    As a mod of another forum - that has a tiered "member title" structure with over 20 different titles - people love to see their title change as their post count goes up.

For the most part, it's just a fun little way to reward people who are active on the forums. Sometimes it causes some post whoring, but nothing uncontrollable.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    Sometimes it causes some post whoring, but nothing uncontrollable.
    To which I agree and it is most likely the reason why the other admins did not implement this type of suggestion since post counts does not equate expertise since some users simply post just for the sake of increasing post count.
  11.    #12  
    I did see that on another forum. It seemed to happen at the first level the most, which was at 150. After that it calms way down. We see it here to the 10 post level so a member can post links. The first level here though is 1000. Maybe if this were done here it could be "New Member" up to 20 or 50 post. Then the next "Member" could carry to the 1000 level like we have now. After all there does not seem to be to many members posting junk, just to get a colored Treo. Well, not too many I guess.
    Unfortunately, we do see a number of members that have posted not helpful or useless post. We get reports daily and we try whenever we can to inform users, but then it then becomes a tedious task.

I will discuss with Dieter if he is ok with this change. No guarantees.
    Unfortunately, we do see a number of members that have posted not helpful or useless post. ...
    You could use post counts (weighted in some way based on "Thanks" received.

I like the idea of using "level names" from some game. Like in the "Space Cadet", "Space Cowboy", and "Space General" in the "Gorf" Arcade Video Game.
    We could come up with an interesting set of name progressions of our own.

...I will discuss with Dieter if he is ok with this change. No guarantees.
    "Mobile Accomplisher" has to be in there somewhere (to improve the chance of getting a positive response from Dieter).
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    I second mobile accomplisher.

but perhaps that title or a different one could go to those with a certain thankyou threshold. To reward (subjective) quality posting.
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    I second mobile accomplisher.

but perhaps that title or a different one could go to those with a certain thankyou threshold. To reward (subjective) quality posting.
    I third this. I am working towards my "chair" (lol), but am trying to contribute usefully regardless of post count. A good proportion of we "members" are constructive and helpful and it would be fun to have a title, eventually. The idea of tying the title to thanks is a good way to make sure that "posting *****s" (love that phrase) are kept under some level of control, I think.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    I third this. I am working towards my "chair" (lol), but am trying to contribute usefully regardless of post count. A good proportion of we "members" are constructive and helpful and it would be fun to have a title, eventually. The idea of tying the title to thanks is a good way to make sure that "posting *****s" (love that phrase) are kept under some level of control, I think.
    That's a good idea!
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Undecided.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    That's a good idea!
    Thanks, but it's not my idea, it's Sudoer's and Windzilla's. I was merely agreeing that it was a good one.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Thanks, but it's not my idea, it's Sudoer's and Windzilla's. I was merely agreeing that it was a good one.
    Well you can still have the "thanks" cause you are nice helpful to people in this forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast