1.    #1  
    Mods,
    With all due respect, I do not see the point of deleting the threads that were deleted tonight...I thought this was supposed to be an open forum. I started two threads today, one of which was moved (with over 8,000 views and almost 150 replies, and EVERYONE was having a good time), and the other one which was just a funny post in general, which got all good replies as well.
    Only threads that are derogatory or inflammatory or get that way through replies should be removed IMHO.
    A lot of us come here during these times of updates looking for a little release and a good time, and most of the time we get it. But when the "Mod Police" start busting down doors, it is bad business. Once again IMO.
    I was reading a thread on another forum about how rude people can get here at Pre Central when they have differing opinions from a fellow poster. That is definitely true sometimes, but once again, every thread can't just be torn away for something that someone doesn't agree with.
    It would seem that maybe the mods need to be modded themselves sometimes, and not let the power go to their keyboards......

Cheers!
    Robert
    I likey take apart thingies....
    this is bringing out a "who watches the watchmen" train of thought
  3.    #3  
    I am just trying to be honest here, because this got WAAAAAY out of hand this evening.
    yeah wdf. how are we supposed to have fun on this forum if you delete or move everything to the complaints section.

PS... watchout they will delete this thread too
    +1
  6.    #6  
    And before I get nailed for this......I meant to have this in a different forum, but woops....sorry, no really, I'm sorry.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d0llarm3nu View Post
    yeah wdf. how are we supposed to have fun on this forum if you delete or move everything to the complaints section.

PS... watchout they will delete this thread too
    Of course they are. He posted a thread not related to this forum. Keep this kind of stuff in the general forum. Its just a little more scrolling down. People will see the moved notice and still follow it if they want to waste any more of their time posting in it.

geez, the mod is like 2 guys and you're just being a pain the *** by putting this thread here. It's bad enough they have to moderate 500 crybaby "Where's my 1.4 I was rumored to be promised?" threads.
    Last edited by Honis; 02/15/2010 at 10:55 PM. Reason: greyed out due to appology being posted while I wrote this
    actually i just checked and this happened to one of my threads as well and im pretty disappointed that mods are deleting left and right
    Being a mod... I would like to send thanks to the mods for
    consolidating the 1.4 threads.

While I can appreciate the fun
    that was had, the extra threads
    are taking up space. They also
    clutter the forums.
    Most aren't being deleted, they're being merged because there are all about the 1.4 update. I agree it kills a good thread tho, because when they merge it then you have to filter through tons of replies that tho the threads are 1.4 related, really have their own subject twist. On the other hand, I've been a mod before, and all this stuff tends to clutter up the board, so I understand both sides.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    If I'm not mistaken, the main thread that was deleted was an official, stickied thread that was seriously hijacked. I see nothing wrong with deleting a thread in this particular situation. At the same time, and more generally, I respect the site's owners' (and their appointed moderators') right to delete whatever threads they like. "Open forum" is not equal to public property.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    that explains everything
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    lol pancake head bunny lmao I saw him this mornin keep it comn oh yeah + 1 ......... Good times
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post
    Mods,
    With all due respect, I do not see the point of deleting the threads that were deleted tonight...I thought this was supposed to be an open forum. I started two threads today, one of which was moved (with over 8,000 views and almost 150 replies, and EVERYONE was having a good time), and the other one which was just a funny post in general, which got all good replies as well.
    Only threads that are derogatory or inflammatory or get that way through replies should be removed IMHO.
    A lot of us come here during these times of updates looking for a little release and a good time, and most of the time we get it. But when the "Mod Police" start busting down doors, it is bad business. Once again IMO.
    I was reading a thread on another forum about how rude people can get here at Pre Central when they have differing opinions from a fellow poster. That is definitely true sometimes, but once again, every thread can't just be torn away for something that someone doesn't agree with.
    It would seem that maybe the mods need to be modded themselves sometimes, and not let the power go to their keyboards......

Cheers!
    Robert
    I Agree Cause I Got An Infraction Because Someone states a Racist Remark Yet In Contacting That Indiviual He Had Not Received An infraction For His Obvious Racist Remarks As A Blogger On The MX Web I'm To Quote You Here And See What MxWeb Users Have To Say About This And Thank You For Your Opion I'll Be Sure To Post These Thoughts On MxWeb Later
    Hi Everybody!!!
    I like the mods, and haven't really seen any reason to complain, except that I still haven't gotten a bunny.
    Moving topics to the correct board is fair game. This is the PRE board. Posts related to WebOS Belong in the WebOS board. That is why they calll it "WebOS".
    The moderators here are amazingly tolerant. I've seen more than one thread here that seem to have tested the patience of the moderators yet they were very conservative about hittin the lock button.