• Yes

14 21.21%
  • No

50 75.76%
  • Undecided

4 6.06%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    So, I debated on whether to add in my thoughts here for a few hours. I didn't want to be brash nor did I want to sound pompous either.

Dieter said it quite well but I wanted to add a few points, if not to explain mostly myself. I am a Palm lover at heart, sure I talk about other OS's and have many phones... but if I bash Palm on the cast, it's simply tough love. That being said, I try to be myself on the show and put myself in the shoes of a listener and forum member. I know how this community is... we play around with each other... alot. We are sometimes, sarcastic, obnoxious, extremely witty and sometimes not so much, but we are a playful lot at heart.

The voices and noises... well, I think I'm the guy you might be having the problem with there. You see, I do a terrible Strong Bad from Everybody! Everybody! and one of my first Podcasts I was fairly nervous and it just blurted out of my mouth when Dieter said it was time for emails (now it's a running gag because "adults" enjoy that site too, I mean, who doesn't like Trogdor?!). The lightning round sounds... that's a joke I do because podcasting is likened to radio in such a maddening way that I mock that (i.e. corny laser effects they use during radio promotions, so I do the WORST laser sound I could think of).

I hate having to tear down the 4th wall of podcasting because the majority of the people get what we do... but I think the real reason I am responding to this post is to thank the OP. Yup... thank them. Because I know week after week, they will listen. Just to hear what we say next, whether it to bash or praise, complain or compliment... you'll be there.

P.S. Drinking unicorn blood was one of my best.lines.ever. I'd love to correct Dieter now and say, it is indeed a shining example of excellence in podcasting
    Now I don't know what to Vote.
    Just call me Berd.
    who doesnt like homestarrunner.com? As a talk radio listener my self, whether it be political, or just plain talk, ive always found the podcast to be consistent with what most radio hosts do, but with a Geeky spin (not a bad thing).

I look forward to the soundwaves transmitted through the Golden "EIP" microphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    I actually appreciate the light nature and I'm a lot older than you, crazyazn23. I'm a bit curious; in your opinion, did the podcast ever meet an acceptable level of maturity? If so, when was that for a point of reference?

If all the humor were removed, I think the presentation would be really dry. For example, listen to The Cell Phone Junkie (TCPJ) podcast. While I really enjoy TCPJ and have listened to it from the start, PalmCast feels much more like a few guys sitting around chatting and in my memory, that's always been the case. I think changing the presentation would come off unnatural and forced.

While I respect your opinion, the topic is a cell phone OS, nothing to be all serious over if that's not the personality of the hosts.
    +1
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyazn23 View Post
    there is a big difference from witty comedy and toilet comedy. And lately there has been more toilet then wit.........

But i would really like the podcast to change in a good way.
    are you referring to rwhitby's joke about the pre and texting upside down having the pre falling backwards in AUS? Because I thought that toilet drainage inspired humor was delightful.

I enjoy the podcast, please keep it as is. The jokes I generally don't find to be all that funny, but I do find them amusing.
    I just hope that the guys are not going to second guessing what they should say now. It's just absurd to talk about "toilet humour" and then quote the unicorn blood reference.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I just hope that the guys are not going to second guessing what they should say now. It's just absurd to talk about "toilet humour" and then quote the unicorn blood reference.
    +1
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    I enjoy the PalmCast completely, makes me laught many times every Tuesday Night. I even listened to it on vacation last week in Mexico with my girlfriend, I know Im such a geek and she now sees it more in me.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Did you guys notice that both Dieter and Derek voted for Too Childish.

Now THAT'S funny!
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post

Now THAT'S funny!
    Is it funny or just "Childish"? ;-)

I like the pod cast the way it is guys. Thanks!!!
    I voted yes, but after (yeah, wrong) reading the OP, it's not what I meant and I actually enjoy the tone. I do feel the podcast is a bit soft, compared to Dieter's and Derek's written opinion at various points, but I guess it's a fan site after all and it's understandable.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    are you referring to rwhitby's joke about the pre and texting upside down having the pre falling backwards in AUS? Because I thought that toilet drainage inspired humor was delightful.
    No. Really. That was a joke. No. Really. You're kidding me. . .
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post

Now THAT'S funny!
    Derek is too mature to vote for this stuff, the guy wears sports jackets to the podcasts for crying out loud! Dieter and Keith (errrrr, me) voted yes...
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Derek is too mature to vote for this stuff, the guy wears sports jackets to the podcasts for crying out loud! Dieter and Keith (errrrr, me) voted yes...
    First I get credit for your joke, then Derek gets credit for your forum account. It's a good thing you know we love you.
    Not to resurrect an old thread or anything, but unless there is some hardcore editing by Deetz, then eppy 101 is going to be the most immature podcast to date.

In our defense, its the first time the 3 of us have been on the air together for a long minute.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12