Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You see milo... if i may... the problem is that most no0bs, dont understand proper search techniques... dont ask why... its just a fact of the world.. the same way why we'll never understand, such as how come if i pee in the below freezing temperatures, it doesnt freeze, why do women like to nag, why are mother in-laws something to be desired...
    so while i dont believe no0bs should be spoon fed , i do think things need to made a bit easier so information can be passed properly.. otherwise what happens is alot of disgruntled no0bs that start screaming "Thats it, I'm dumping THIS POS PRE/PIXI and going to get an iPhone" and the like...

This PSA has been sponsored by sketch42 Productions and the Letter "C"
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    heres the thread, my post in this thread is a modified one from the Search thread but its the same , the reason you couldnt find it is because its titled Precentral Search and well theres alot of posts with those words http://forums.precentral.net/treocen...al-search.html
    Thanks. Maybe they will be combined at some point. ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    so while i dont believe no0bs should be spoon fed , i do think things need to made a bit easier so information can be passed properly.. otherwise what happens is alot of disgruntled no0bs that start screaming "Thats it, I'm dumping THIS POS PRE/PIXI and going to get an iPhone" and the like...

This PSA has been sponsored by sketch42 Productions and the Letter "C"
    I agree.

It is often the case that the reason they sign up and post is because they have a problem and are in a panic. Making search easier makes it simpler for veterans to find a link and pass it on quickly. That keeps them happy with their device, and brings them back to help others.

On the other hand, there are plenty that joined a year or two ago that seem to be just as likely to create ambiguous titles and duplicates. That's another one of those mysteries like that mother-in-law thing. LOL
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    how would a NOOB find an answer to a question he/she has? What if they need to search a phrase? Need to search more than two or three words?

Example they are having a problem where Preware says update availabe but doesn't let the install (after every update they perform it still says update availabe)? Searching preware update, may only get them a thread about the changes to the latest version of preware.

if you put more words in search you get not found.

it's a bit much to search preware & get 450 threads & have to go through them looking/hoping someone mentioned a fix. In this way the search bar does/doesnt help.
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    how would a NOOB find an answer to a question he/she has? What if they need to search a phrase? Need to search more than two or three words?

Example they are having a problem where Preware says update availabe but doesn't let the install (after every update they perform it still says update availabe)? Searching preware update, may only get them a thread about the changes to the latest version of preware.

if you put more words in search you get not found.

it's a bit much to search preware & get 450 threads & have to go through them looking/hoping someone mentioned a fix. In this way the search bar does/doesnt help.
    Or you just go through the official Preware thread and see that your problem has been answered before.
    Or in the case that your problem hadn't been answered before in that thread then you ask in the thread, as I assume rwhitby would very much like to know of any problems with Preware.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12