Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Can I ask why all these Hero topics are being merged into one long topic no one is ever going to read?

I understand that many of them are very similar. But still many of us put a lot of time into our posts only to discover a day or so later it's been merged into some other thread 60 + pages in.

Is it really that difficult and unorganized to just keep them as they are?
    I understand the Hero is getting a lot of talk on here, but that's because the Hero and the Pre are the two best phones Sprint offers.
    I know this is a "Pre" community. But this also happens to be a great community. There are a lot of people like myself trying to make the difficult choice between the Pre and the Hero. The more topics comparing the two, the better.

I just think that by merging the threads it makes the conversations more confusing to follow. Not trying to be disrespectful or anything, you guys can certainly run these forums as you wish. Just giving an opinion.
    I don't think it was deliberate.

There were a lot of Cross Platform topics in the Pre Forum that got moved.
    And some Specifically regarding the Hero that got moved here.

If some similar topics got merged in the process, we apologize.

Thanks,
    Berd
    Just call me Berd.
    The thing is, nobody is reading them anyway.

We're getting repeated comments and topics over and over again, where each post it just a rehash of the last post.

If nobody is reading them anyway, we may as well have them in one place so all the off-topic garbage that nobody is reading can be in one place, and therefore out of the way.
    Was there one in particular that you were interested in?
    I might be able to extract it back out to it's own thread.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 10/19/2009 at 07:30 PM.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    The thing is, nobody is reading them anyway.

We're getting repeated comments and topics over and over again, where each post it just a rehash of the last post.

If nobody is reading them anyway, we may as well have them in one place so all the off-topic garbage that nobody is reading can be in one place, and therefore out of the way.
    Actually, it's not our goal to discourage discussions on other devices.
    It's that they belong in the correct forum.

Topics like 'I wonder how the [insert device] will match up to the Pre' belongs in the Cross Platform Forum.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Actually, it's not our goal to discourage discussions on other devices.
    Of course not. I'm just expressing my own personal opinion, not the forum moderators' opinions.
    If you do a search on Hero you will find dozens of threads specifically about the different aspects of the Hero.

The posts about Pre vs. HTC comparisons are in the Cross Platform Chat:

http://forums.precentral.net/cross-p...-htc-hero.html

The posts with Hero specs, videos, manuals, and more are in Other Handhelds:

http://forums.precentral.net/other-h...deos-more.html

The threads about other aspects of the Hero are in other threads.

I also changed this thread title to reflect the fact that it is about the Hero.

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 10/20/2009 at 07:54 AM.