1.    #1  
    OH GOD, I'm so happy and thrilled that I was able to modify my phone like this. I'm was very happy with my Pre before the mod's and with the hard hours of work from these hackers/programmers, I doubt this phone would really go places if it wasn't for the homebrew community and rooting people.

I mean just look at the timeline people; few months ago, the pre was launched. People found out it was linux and open source. Within that month, someone managed to make their very own homebrew application by modding a Nascar app (the irony in a way). Then we found out how to make apps and get them installed through a doorway, which got shut down for good cause. But that didn't stop the homebrew community. Then they got their Palm Pre SDK kit. The apps started piling up with a couple of really smart people making an application to make their own Homebrew App Installer. Within a few months time, we got literally hundred's and hundred's of apps with thousands and thousands of people downloading them! But it doesn't stop there, then the community found out how to theme and skin your pre. NOWWW we have a camcorder on the way that is being developed via homebrew.

With all these accomplishments with such a short time, I fail to see why people would jump ship with the phone already advancing and gaining the much needed features it needs with the help of homebrew.

I guess I'm blabbering and saying stuff that people already know, and they might say something like "Tell me something I don't know..." or "Old news..." but I believe sending a letter of appreciation will help boost many peoples confidence and see what we as the community have to offer. So to end my blabbering, I want to say THANK YOU to all the hard workers out there!!! I've had my pre since Day 1 and I can't see myself going anywhere else right now.

/cheesyness
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Agree. This last major update has impressed me. I was not expecting the speed increases, which almost let you forget that you are switching between applications on the fly. I think palm's acceptance of the homebrew community was a wise decision-they can crank out the under-the-hood improvements that a growing OS needs while homebrew can take care of the bells and whistles that we have all become accustomed to from other phones.

This past update is incredibly promissing, and I am looking forward to where the WebOS will be a year from now.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Agree. This last major update has impressed me. I was not expecting the speed increases, which almost let you forget that you are switching between applications on the fly. I think palm's acceptance of the homebrew community was a wise decision-they can crank out the under-the-hood improvements that a growing OS needs while homebrew can take care of the bells and whistles that we have all become accustomed to from other phones.

This past update is incredibly promissing, and I am looking forward to where the WebOS will be a year from now.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    I agree with you. These developers are awesome. I too have had the Pre since day 1, and I have been very happy. This is the most work that I have ever put into a phone before (rooting it and patching).

Thank you to everyone!

Jason
    I agree... the forums here at precentral have made owning a Pre much more pleasurable and fun because of all the homebrew and patches. It was the same way with my old Treos and Treocentral. Kudos to the great community here including the devs, patchers, users, admin and of course the mods!

<oh btw...moved >

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  6.    #6  
    I wonder if the great community is going to make a PreCentral native app. That would be just awesome all around! I usually just go to the m.precentral.net for convenience of browsing, but of course it's just text and I would love to see this site with colors, for that is what the pre is known for.

And I agree with you ratchetjaw, I don't know why they continue to push the Nascar app to everyone. This application should be optional, but it's funny how the developers managed to hack the Nascar application to create the very first homebrew application LAWLCAKES!