1.    #1  
    This forum is becoming almost impossible to browse due to so many posts about "I might switch to x phone because of this," "My x year old phone did this, why doesn't the Pre?" or "Palm better get going on the app store or I'm gone."

1. Discussion of another phone should not be in the other phones forum.

2. This is more of a complaint than a discussion and provides no useful information. If the phone doesn't have the feature, talking about it ad nauseum isn't going to make it appear.

3. The apps will come when they come. Anyone that if familiar with apps should know which platforms have how many apps. Palm can't sap their fingers and magically make a 100,000 app store appear.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with discussing these issues. I just find for a Pre forum, more posts seem to dip into shortcomings of other phones and carriers. These become the some of the lengthiest threads and as such push Pre-themed topic threads down the list.

I think this is a reason for so many duplicate threads. It's impossible to browse to a thread that might help the person, so he or she starts a new one. Search is helpful, but it doesn't work that well and many times people don't know exactly what they're looking for so the search is useless.

Sorry to drone on, but if a newcomer comes to this forum, it's overwhelming with all the tangent discussion. There are tons of good information here, but a lot of it simply gets buried.
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    I don't know why there are so many HTC Hero posts in a Palm Pre forum.
    There is a cross-platform forum. It just seems that a large group of (mostly newer) posters either do not know that there are other forums or simply do not care to use the proper forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    There is a cross-platform forum. It just seems that a large group of (mostly newer) posters either do not know that there are other forums or simply do not care to use the proper forum.
    OMG!! OMG!! Quick install 2.6 does not work with webos 1.2 and everytime i slide my keyboard shut my phone resets OMG OMG!! HELP!
    I remember when we got the auto search feature before starting new threads...there was alot of discussion about new members having to have 20 or 30 posts before making a new thread...I think its time to revisit that, as the auto search is just too difficult for some...and the same stuff over and over again is making precentral lose its value for my everyday pre fix....imho
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I agree the forum needs to be cleaned up.
    We also need to aggressively get the the Help with OS 1.2 threads into the OS 1.2 FORUM!
    This place has been neigh unreadable since the update dropped.
    im just amazed with the " hey i have a phone app on my phone kool dude " lol so many of these questions are just not right lol ha hah
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Speaking of threads in the wrong forum, this is a good example. Should be in the Treocentral.com/Precentral.com forum.

But back on topic, I don't know what the solution is, but I estimate that I am now only openning about 5% of threads since the Pre dropped.
    I guess you've never noticed the "Cross-platform chat" forum?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I guess you've never noticed the "Cross-platform chat" forum?
    I guess I interpreted that forum differently. As I said, it's one thing if a thread is started by a Pre user or someone leaning towards a Pre. The issue comes in when the thread gets hijacked and people put their opinion in about every smartphone that's ever existed.

So, Pre vs x phone thread that involves those two phones, fine. But taking that thread then expanding it to y, z, aa, bb,q, etc. phones so that the Pre is no longer the focus of the thread is the problem.

Is that a little clearer? Sorry if it's confusing.
    I agree we should have a Venting, Problems/Issue, & Help Section added so that way it would be easier to navigate. People who need help can post in the Help, etc..... I personally agree that this would help navigating through the forum specially if you are using you Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Speaking of threads in the wrong forum, this is a good example. Should be in the Treocentral.com/Precentral.com forum.

But back on topic, I don't know what the solution is, but I estimate that I am now only openning about 5% of threads since the Pre dropped.
    <moved >

If you guys want to help out, please report threads to the moderators so they can move threads to the appropiate forums. thanks.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions