Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    pretty much as it says

I use m.precentral.net for a lot of my viewing and posting. I really enjoy the thanks feature, and was hoping that there might be a way to implement it in the mobile version.

personally i think that thank-you ability goes a long way toward promoting a helpful and friendly forum.

Thanks!
    There are four lights.
  2.    #2  
    Bump
    There are four lights.
    It's on the list - will see about moving it up a bit.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Dieter, where is that precentral app???
    -m
    its on his computer for the moment lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    It's on the list - will see about moving it up a bit.
    thanks for looking into it dieter
  7.    #7  
    bump

Hows the list?

I figure its probably slow going with CES and all the goings on, but figured i would keep this idea in circulation.
    There are four lights.
    Side bar: Do people get some sort of recognition when their number of thanks received reaches a certain level? Someone recently asked me to give him/her a thanks. I like to give them at my own discretion. However, if there is an added benefit, I'm happy to be more liberal (of course since I primarily post via the mobile forums....** BUMP **)
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim View Post
    Side bar: Do people get some sort of recognition when their number of thanks received reaches a certain level? Someone recently asked me to give him/her a thanks. I like to give them at my own discretion. However, if there is an added benefit, I'm happy to be more liberal (of course since I primarily post via the mobile forums....** BUMP **)
    There is no added benefit to receiving a certain number of 'Thanks'. It's just a nice gesture. Personally, I don't agree with people asking for Thanks. It also kinda annoys me if people ask for Thanks in their signature... I'll thank someone if they deserve it.

But back on topic, I would love to be able to thank someone while using the mobile forums
  10.    #10  
    bump
    Regarding a mobile app:

I have been trying to work with Dieter and the "other developers interested," yet I have not received any information, no proper API is up to get the data necessary (full article, etc.) and pretty much, they are stalling.

I contacted Dieter on numerous occasions (over 15 times) and received responses a mere 2 or 3 times simply saying "I am gathering devs for a meeting this Saturday, and will tell you more then," but nothing ever came.

I had a great idea that would make the app the best for a homebrew community, while still keeping it official, but they keep shooting me down and not progressing on anything. While this is the best Palm Pre/Pixi news site and homebrew community out there, it seems they lack in the development portion and the project management portion.

Some of the features:

-Home page access
    -Store access
    -Forum access
    -App Gallery view
    -Homebrew App Gallery View (with instructions on how to homebrew)
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    Bump
    Bump from me too.
    (I would thank windzilla now, but uhh... well you know.)

A thanks button on the mobile side should really be a no-brainer.

+1000
    I also agree wholeheartedly.

Now, what the admins have to do make the feature available, I don't know.
    Just call me Berd.
    +1
    I said it before and I'll say it again. I would love more features on the mobile forums... Especially a 'Thanks' button.

+1 I don't find myself using the desktop site as much. So to have some comparable features would be nice mainly the thanks button!

THANKS =)
    I'd like a more modern mobile siite in general. One which utilizes webkit browsers more and looks more modern with more features and easy access would like a precentral app as well and even better someone who could make a patch to have forum and article search in universal search! Also app catalog search within the universal search would be cool but unrelated
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    this would be great I don't know how many times I've had to tell someone, well as soon as I get to a comp I'll thank ya!
    I use the full site on my Pre. Works great!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    yep, we can always use the full site to leave thanks.

new precentral request... Link to open corresponding full page from the mobile page... Can you do that right after you add 'thanks' to the mobile page? ...oh, wait...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast