1.    #1  
    I'm reding on a centro (i.e. future pre owner when contract up) and find that the mobile site is very slow to completely load compared to something like mobile.reuters.com. It's practically unuseable-esp. when going back to the initial page after following a story link. If anything can be done, it would be appreciated.
    PS-enjoy the podcast
    I'm on the site now on my Pre and it doesn't seem slow at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by windfrenzy View Post
    I'm reding on a centro (i.e. future pre owner when contract up) and find that the mobile site is very slow to completely load compared to something like mobile.reuters.com. It's practically unuseable-esp. when going back to the initial page after following a story link. If anything can be done, it would be appreciated.
    PS-enjoy the podcast
    What settings on your centro browser? Wide screen? If you are viewing pictures I guess that is why it is very slow.
  4.    #4  
    Usu. I use optimized and normal, but I tried all combos of settings and it doesn't seem to change. That's why I think the issue is how the page is formatted. It first comes through as text an I can scroll down and look at the headlines while it is downloading all the formatting. I'll click a story and then when I hit the backspace it says "redrawing" but does not go back to showing the main page
    even as text. For some reason it often shows 115.6K loaded when it hangs, so whatever is loading at that point is giving me trouble. I've got the blue arrows indicating I'm using the fastest Sprint connection avail to me.
    Last edited by windfrenzy; 09/23/2009 at 11:53 AM.
    I'll look into it, but I'm wondering if it's a caching issue on the centro...
    Love the new space added at the bottom to keep from resetting the read status of messages. It has been performing fine for me as well.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
  7.    #7  
    Workaround: If I run it through Skweezer it doesn't hang and loads much faster.