1.    #1  
    There seems to be a trend for people to place donate buttons in their signatures soliciting payment for simply posting an answer in a thread.

Personally, I think that it should be against the rules. Completely contrary to the the spirit of the forums and not at all the same as a donate button to encourage the develpment of an application or provide some significant service.

I know that I don't have to donate. It just gets up my nose. What do others think?
    hey its a tough economy out there....

If My response has assisted you in any way, please Donate to help me feed my addiction to state of the art smartphones. Its donations like yours that allow me to continue visiting forums like this to provide witty and objectionable answers....
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 09/18/2009 at 08:31 PM.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    hey i'll donate to that mrloserpunk
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    @johncc

Are you sure that those with the donate buttons are NOT actually developing?? Have you made sure you know who they are before getting upset? There are a LOT of homebrew developers on this forum!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by licotto View Post
    @johncc

Are you sure that those with the donate buttons are NOT actually developing?? Have you made sure you know who they are before getting upset? There are a LOT of homebrew developers on this forum!
    Yes I am. When the prompt says something such as, "If I have helped you, please donate", there's not much doubt.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Yes I am. When the prompt says something such as, "If I have helped you, please donate", there's not much doubt.
    Why not just ignore such things?