Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    this site is the anchor for all things pre, you know, rooting, hacking, modding!! without precentral, i would still be trying to guess the root password.
    Well this just keeps getting better and better!

I have to say that I researched the Pre thoroughly before buying it as this phone is a BIG investment. I stumbled upon PreCentral through Google search one day, and haven't looked back since then.

After the release of the Palm Pre, I check this site constantly 5-10 times a day looking for more insight and hopefully helping others out like I have been so generously helped. Hats off to Dieter and the rest of you guys and to Jason especially putting up with the long threads about WebOS Quick Install. HOMEBREW by far is the PRE...without it, it would just be a forgotten......uh...paperweight (there I said it).

This has been the first mobile/cell/smartphone site I have ever visited and from the looks of it (with minor variations...ex: Pixi Forums etc) will be the last. GO PALM, GO (Pre)Central (TreoCentral, PixiCentral). Might have to change the name of the site to be more general for all the Palm WebOS phones to have a home together....call it WebOSCentral or something...

And THANKS for changing my total mobile experience!!!
    (Now if I can just convince my wife I need and can afford a touchstone charger)

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    woot thanks for giving my something to do every day, and helping me make the most of my phone.
    1st and foremost, HAPPY 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY! Congrats on building an excellent informational website, and a great storefront / business model, and (of course) a fun, fulfilling user community. Accomplishing 1 of these feats is difficult; all three at once is an amazing.

A few years ago, I was moving from a dumb, Samsung flip phone, to a PDA/Phone. At the time there were 2 Palm phones soon to be release: The Treo 600 and the Samsung Flip phone w/ Palm OS (SG700?). That's about the time I found Treocentral.com. From that point forward, the Treocentral Community and Writes have helped guide me through the purchase of multiple Palm phones, phone support issues, and the Sprint customer service process. During that time the forums have been a place to spent time, learn, and be part of a community. (Favorite thread: throne post). It’s been an overall great experience.

Best of luck to the SPEs staff.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    The site has got me through some rough times with the 3 Treos I have owned. Ironically, I still use one as a PDA--hard to beat the old Palm OS for variety of useful apps and ease of use.
    Pre-what?
    I've been a member of TreoCentral/PreCentral for a while now, ever since I got my Treo 600, but while I searched the forums for help about my problems and picked up an occasional piece of software due to the site, I never myself participated. Ever since PreCentral was launched, I've visited almost every day. With the addition of the Homebrew section, this site truly felt like a community and I've posted more than I ever have in the TreoCentral forums in much less time.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    This set of sites has served me superbly through multiple Visor Deluxes(3), springboard modules(flash memory, modem, mp3, radio, Sprint phone), Treo 300s (3), Treo 600(1, stolen), 650(2), 700p(1), wife's centro (2), mom and sister's centros, and now my Palm Pre.

It's been a wonderful place to:
    - discuss life on the bleeding edge: build issues (i.e. can I get a replacement for __), red blinking lights of death, reboots, volume and ringer issues, etc.
    - wonder curiously about that cult of blackberry while enjoying real multimedia and the internet
    - scorn the Windows Mobile OS while watching our OS languish, and then say hi to our new friend Windows Mobile
    - talk trash (with slight envy) about those fruit-related phones with no keyboards and their fart apps
    - anxiously await and then celebrate (and immediately ***** about) the rebirth of Palm
    - read about countless cases, cables, stylii, accessories, and "programs" (now "apps").

And now I'm even reading that OTHER SPE site related to my wife's iPhone (eww), and even checking out whats going on at AndroidCentral (I still refuse to acknowledge BB, WM, or Symbian).

10 interesting years and exciting times to come!
    I started following this site around April to read up on the Pre, this site built my excitement more and more for what is the best phone I have ever had. Now that I have had my Pre for 3 months I have learned many things through the users of this forum, from some basic linux commands to installing themes and working within some files. If it werent for the precentral community I would be just a guy with a pre that only has about 15 apps in the official app catalog that i enjoy. THANK YOU PRECENTRAL.NET, you guys are my heroes.
    Well, as a long-time member, this site has given me priceless information on various Handspring/Palm devices. From my original Visor Deluxe to the Edge to eventually my Treo 680 and Centro (and eventually some sort of WebOS device no doubt). I kept track of the site since around Comdex of the year the Visor was released. Wound up eventually purchasing one after seeing others experiences and then registering here a few months later.

VisorCentral also gave me an opportunity to interact with some interesting and unique folk. Will always have some fond memories of OT in its more easy-going days, especially threads like The Ramble. Cheers, and thanks for all the fish.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    I was a regular at TreoCentral since my Treo 600 days in 2003 (I have a different UserID for TreoCentral) and it was such an amazing resource for someone new to Palm and the smartphone world. From helping with troubleshooting issues with the Treo 600 (build quality, software, etc) or later the Treo 755p, I thought a website couldn't get better until PreCentral came out. If there is a direct correlation between the awesomeness (is that a word?!) of a site and the amount of time you spend reading, searching, posting, podcasting and downloading from it, then Precentral may just be the best website ever because I spend way too much time on here! But, without you guys, I wouldn't have known how to use 90% of the features on the phone before I even got it and I wouldn't have all the great homebrew apps that really make this phone useable!

So, to TC and PC, thank you for over 6 great years (I didn't know you for your first 4), I here's to many many more!
    I've been an avid Iphone user since it first came out. But, a friend of mine introduced me to her PRE and to my surprise I was blown away by many of it's features. After the first taste encounter I had to know more about, "The Black Mysterious Pebble"...and upon doing some browsing through the net I came upon the site precentral.net. I can say by far this site has thoroughly informed me on the many aspects of the phone and has gone beyond by keeping me informed on a daily basis on the ever changing applications and breaking news updates regarding Palm. I've been following and nitpicking through this site for a week now and can say im here to stay. To make it official I have ordered my very own "Mysterious Black Pebble" and it should be arriving Sept 14th (crossing fingers). I can't wait to dive in and tweak the **** out of my PRE. As of now while I wait anxiously i'm going back and forth on what accessories to buy at your awesome store(really great prices I should add!) to compliment "The Mysterious Black Pebble". I am really grateful for this site and all it has to offer to the audience of Palm enthusiast. Thank You and Happy Anniversary =)!!!

Norm
    First let me say this site is awesome..

Now how has it helped me well this site has helped me in more ways than I can remember this is my first smartphone and I had no intention to root my Pre still don't care to do that but I also was never going to try out any of the homebrew apps just didn't want to take the chance on messing up my Pre but then I read your article on how to get going with the homebrew and how easy it was and gave it a try and man oh man did that ever change my Pre for the better I could not be happier I now log into these forums everyday and I would say I learn something new each and every time heck I have even been able to help out a few people too and I even got some really cool wallpaper thanks to the Dr. being in all the time....

RJB
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Precentral gave me the courage to add all sorts of great functionality to my Pre-- I had never changed a phone I'd owned that much, and it also gave me KILLER HOMEBREW APPS! Love this site!
    I'll keep it simple - this site has helped me get the most out of my Pre and it keeps me up to date on my favorite gadget! Thanks!
    Thanks for TEN (has it really been that long?) fantastic years folks. Your sites have always been - and continue to be - the most informative, enjoyable, and entertaining, device-centric communities on the web. I look forward to the next ten years.
    Did anybody win?
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Did anybody win?
    At this rate it will be the 11th Anniversary before we know. Probably handled by the same people who do rebates and we know how long those can take!
    Pre-what?
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Started using these site when I got five Palm Centros... They were decent phones. I was able to get all the information I needed in one place...Very very helpful...

Now I check the site religiously since I got my Pre!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234