Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Apparently, someone with a Yahoo! account that has signed up for PreCentral keeps marking their email notifications as SPAM! STOP DOING THIS! It's much better for the rest of us who actually use the site and want notifications for you to simply unsubscribe!
    That's more than likely happening on the Yahoo! side as all notifications are created and sent from the forum, not the individual users.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    If Yahoo! is like Google then a mail user can mark a message as SPAM and that will be taken into consideration when the system automatically flags other email as spam.

So, if one (or more) Yahoo! users are marking mail from this forum as SPAM yahoo may be considering all mail as spam until people start to go into their spam folder and telling Yahoo! is legit mail.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle View Post
    That's more than likely happening on the Yahoo! side as all notifications are created and sent from the forum, not the individual users.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deparson View Post
    So, if one (or more) Yahoo! users are marking mail from this forum as SPAM yahoo may be considering all mail as spam until people start to go into their spam folder and telling Yahoo! is legit mail.
    My thoughts exactly! They are probably marking TreoCentral emails as SPAM, as well, not realizing they are also from PreCentral!
    Quote Originally Posted by Habidabad View Post
    They are probably marking TreoCentral emails as SPAM, as well, not realizing they are also from PreCentral!
    You must be a Yahoo! mail user to be seeing this, correct? If so, go into your Yahoo mail manager and tell it that TC and PC emails aren't spam.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    If you use Yahoo mail, create a filter for PreCentral that automatically puts the emails for them (any address you set in the filter) into the Inbox.
    Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 700p, Treo 755, Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle View Post
    You must be a Yahoo! mail user to be seeing this, correct? If so, go into your Yahoo mail manager and tell it that TC and PC emails aren't spam.
    My first post indicated that I'm using Yahoo! and I know how to stop them from being put into my SPAM folder. I just wanted to get the message out for people to stop marking them as SPAM!
    I am confused with the title of the thread, since the people (users) are not marking the emails as Spam but rather the email provider (which the users subscribe to) that is doing it.

It this what the message should have been?
    "Review your Spam mailbox filters and mark all emails from PreCentral (and TreoCentral) as legit and should always go to the Inbox"

Or are you saying that actually someone did sign up and has been getting emails on the threads they subscribed to but then reports to Yahoo that the email was Spam?

If they are doing the later, all they have to do is go to their
    User CP (control panel),
    go under Settings and Options >
    Edit Options >
    under the box that says: Default Thread Subscription Mode >
    change the Default Thread Subscription Mode: to
    Do not subscribe or No email notification.

They should also review their settings on the PM's as well but be forwarned not to turn them all off. If we have an issue with you or your posts and you decided not to get any notification, you may find that your account may have been closed (or banned) due to no response since you have decided to ignore all of the PM messages or emails from any of the moderators or admin volunteer staff members.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    I am confused with the title of the thread, since the people (users) are not marking the emails as Spam but rather the email provider (which the users subscribe to) that is doing it.

It this what the message should have been?
    "Review your Spam mailbox filters and mark all emails from PreCentral (and TreoCentral) as legit and should always go to the Inbox"

Or are you saying that actually someone did sign up and has been getting emails on the threads they subscribed to but then reports to Yahoo that the email was Spam?

If they are doing the later, all they have to do is go to their
    User CP (control panel),
    go under Settings and Options >
    Edit Options >
    under the box that says: Default Thread Subscription Mode >
    change the Default Thread Subscription Mode: to
    Do not subscribe or No email notification.

They should also review their settings on the PM's as well but be forwarned not to turn them all off. If we have an issue with you or your posts and you decided not to get any notification, you may find that your account may have been closed (or banned) due to no response since you have decided to ignore all of the PM messages or emails from any of the moderators or admin volunteer staff members.
    When a user on Yahoo! marks an email as SPAM, Yahoo! puts it in all other users' SPAM folder! I've already fixed my inbox and filter to correct this. I just think it's dumb that someone using this forum and site would have done that! Sorry for quoting the entire post, but I'm on my PrPrPr&#$275$;!
    Thanks for the clarification. I would have thought that Yahoo would consider the setting on a per Mailbox account instead of global.

One person's spam is another person's fodder.
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    If it goes to your spam folder in GMail, you can click "This is not spam", so I guess if enough people do that then it will counter the one ones that mark it as spam.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drizek View Post
    If it goes to your spam folder in GMail, you can click "This is not spam", so I guess if enough people do that then it will counter the one ones that mark it as spam.
    That used to be a feature with Yahoo!, but with the reformatting of their interface, it's a little difficult! You have to create a filter. I created two filters that recognize emails with PreCentral and TreoCentral in the header. Hopefully, Yahoo! will get everything settled and user friendly again!
    Ah, it used to be my snailmail got misdelivered or how my mailbox gets filed up with advert and flyers.

Now, it is filters, spam and user friendly.