1.    #1  
    I didnt see anywhere else where this really fit in, so Im just gonna drop it here and hope for some kind help.

OK, so Im pretty bright, with tech stuff in general, I have full access to the OS of my Pre, I have designed and changed around themes, done hacks, installed patches.. bla bla bla..

So it makes me scratch my aging head when it seems not intuitve to get my attachments posted the way I see it on other posts

I CAN use the paper clip, to upload something, I CAN manage attachments and get them attached to a post..

Like this, for an image:

What I CANT for the life of me find, is WHERE to add the link for email attachment. The ONLY email one I see, prompts ME to put in MY email, which of course is redundant.

Also, in that same vein, when I post a file to offer to download, like a zip file, I can get the file to show up, and ya, it will dl, but I dont see the cute lil vise grippy zip icon, like I do on other posts.

and THIS for a zip

Am I just losing my mind, or is there some obvious thing I am missing here.

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 08/28/2009 at 07:50 PM. Reason: edited to show email attachment
    Am I just losing my mind, or is there some obvious thing I am missing here.
    1 vote for losing your mind.

What are the exact steps you are taking to attatch files?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    1 vote for losing your mind.

What are the exact steps you are taking to attatch files?
    OK here goes... so right now I am IN advanced , ya?

I click on the paper clip, to upload , say an image I want to share and have an email link to, ok?

I see it took the file, and now I want to attach it, and provide an email link, so I go back to the paper clip, and then the down arrow, to manage attachments.. and I see the file I just uploaded

I select the file,
    and this is the coding I get

and HERE is now the attachment gets posted

Backdropphone.png

WHAT am I missing here to include an email link?
    Then I would use the same basic steps to upload and share a zip file, but do not get the icon, just the name, and ya it IS downloadble, but not with the zip icon.

Any help here?
    Last edited by dianehelen; 08/28/2009 at 08:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    WHAT am I missing here to include an email link?
    Use [_EMAIL="sample@email.com"_]Text to Display[_/EMAIL_] (without the _'s of course).

Then I would use the same basic steps to upload and share a zip file, but do not get the icon, just the name, and ya it IS downloadble, but not with the zip icon.
    Not sure what to tell you about this. It seems to work for me, icon and all.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle View Post
    Use [_EMAIL="sample@email.com"_]Text to Display[_/EMAIL_] (without the _'s of course).

Not sure what to tell you about this. It seems to work for me, icon and all.
    Ya, but doing the sample@email.com, wouldnt that just try to send it to that address, and NOT the stored address of the viewer that wants to get it?

As for the zip, you basicaly did the steps I outlined, and got the icon?

huh
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Ya, but doing the wouldnt that just try to send it to that address, and NOT the stored address of the viewer that wants to get it?
    Perhaps I don't understand what you're trying to accomplish. What "stored address" are you talking about?

As for the zip, you basicaly did the steps I outlined, and got the icon?
    Click paperclip. Browse for file. Select file. Upload. Close window. Submit Reply.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Which site are you going through, TreoCentral or Pre|Central site? The only one I see is via Pre|Central. TreoCentral site does not show the send to your email for attachment link, only Pre|Central.

Also don't use the [ATTACH][/ATTACH] pair (while it is nice to see in the post as you can type your text before and after) or else, it will just show attachment but no email link. I corrected your post above so you can see.
  8.    #8  
    Ughh not making sense at all

I see correct email and zip file attachemts on precentral all the time, and yet when I do it, it is not working correctly

If you have a moment and any pity on me, Im on AIM and Yahoo messenger for a while

Thanks

and PS where did my cool screen shots go?
  9.    #9  
    Testing something...
    There you go. You've got it this time.
  11.    #11  
    Oooooooooookkkk Mystery solved!

You upload them with the paper clip, but for them to show up correctly, you have to manage the attatchments from below the actual post entry area

Kinda confusing, but I thnk I see it now
  12.    #12  
    YA told ya IM NOT Dummmmmmmmmmmmm

Im a techygeeknerd

so that sorta puzzled me,
    Well, the owner of this site is very nerdy and I think he did the programming on that for Pre|Central. So from one nerd to another, one views it as simple thing, another will say, how complex it is.

Glad you figured it out.
  14.    #14  
    Yep ME TOO!

Cuz yanno if I didnt, I would be inclined to do something amusing I was reminded of , from your avatar

Yes, that is my avatar at MTDN.