1.    #1  
    why do i have to post 10 posts to down load an app... this blows
    keep posting.
    Too much trouble for free software? Get over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by lookngood18 View Post
    why do i have to post 10 posts to down load an app... this blows
    I know it seems a bit much at first, but it's to keep spammers out. Look around the forum, there is plenty to post relevant comments on.
    aka lunareclipse
    You can find me here:
    Twitter
    Pre Themes
    It is really easy to get these post up.... There is a wealth of information on this site... I just took like 30 minutes and read through new post and things that caught my eye, and left whatever I thought was relevant to post.

In 30 minutes I thanked, commented and +1'd enough post to be able to pm thread starter for access to beta Dope wars
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Why make a big deal out of it? You're getting these for free.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Guess what ! 198,000 other people had to do the same thing. Get over it.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    no complains here.. every forum has its own rules but making 10 posts mandatory means more spam from users like me who want to get past the 10 posts..

i don't want just go to every thread and post thanks because there is already a thanks button which i use a lot
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    yep we all had to do it
    I was a little confused at first when I started out, but I see the relevance of it -

- It helps you to understand the site better.
    - It helps you to understand the community better.
    - It helps greenhorns to understand the process of hacking your Pre better - I would have been in a LOT of trouble if I hadn't been developed a sense of caution after reading so many posts!
    - It keeps, as has been said, spammers at bay.
    - You make new friends!

I really think that, of all of those reasons, numbers 2 and 3 are the key - you really shouldn't be doing this fly-by-night. Welcome to the community, and don't be afraid to ask questions!
    Last edited by Fisack23; 08/10/2009 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Inadvertantly hit "save" key before done.
    +1
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    When did this change / what are you trying to download? I rooted and installed a couple homebrew apps just the other day from here, and my posts are < 10?
    I don't understand, I don't have 10 posts and I downloaded and installed filecoaster and went to town dowloading homebrews already.
    The only limitation I was aware of was you can't post links if you have less than 10 posts. Either there is confusion or things really have changed. But if the previous posters weer able to download and had less than 10 posts then I would be inclined to say it has not changed.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I could download them just fine before. Guess I will be trying tonight to make sure.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Good place to start.
    On the points, 2 and 3, I agree.