Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31
  1.    #1  
    I think that the Pre is a great phone. I think that it is the best phone I have ever had, but I think that the battery life is subar. However, heaven forbid you say so to some here in PreCentral.

    It seems that the atmosphere can be kinda toxic to many who come here with a complaint about the Pre. Some of us have been very happy with our phones, but others have not.

    Some days, I see several threads pointing out these issues, and I must say that I really don't like them. I really don't like reading the posts about the guy who returned his Pre for the 700,000th time, and that he would really want a battery that works or a Pre that does not resemble a popular snack cookie.

    It absolutely drives me nuts when someone comes into the Pre forum and complains. I think that it might be because I like the Pre and do not have the problems they mention, but I think it bugs others because they take critical statements about the Pre as a personal blow to their man/womanhood. The most common reply on threads such as these is one word:

    TROLL

    It seems rather harsh call someone a troll who brings up an issue they might be having with the Pre. We all want the Pre to succeed, so why not allow people to voice their opinion in an open environment like this. Especially one that we know that Palm frequents to gauge where they are on certain things. Use the word Troll sparingly, and I think we might get more done.

    As a final thought, if you post something critical about the Pre, don't follow that up with, "I am going to get an Iphone". Not only are you thus correctly labeled a troll, but you truely have too much time on your hands.
  2. #2  
    Troll.
  3.    #3  
    lol
  4. #4  
    If one wanted to avoid the "troll" response, one might also avoid saying, "Pre sucks."
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  5. #5  
    The pre is a finger print magnet.
    Battery life sucks.
    Browser kind of sucks.

    Are you burning up yet. I'm still getting use to it. I'm coming from Winmo so I'm use to putting up with crap I don't like.

    Nothing is perfect. If you enjoy it, that's all that matters. F' the rest!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    If one wanted to avoid the "troll" response, one might also avoid saying, "Pre sucks."
    Indeed. Much better to say the Pre inhales.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    I think that the Pre is a great phone. I think that it is the best phone I have ever had, but I think that the battery life is subar. However, heaven forbid you say so to some here in PreCentral.

    It seems that the atmosphere can be kinda toxic to many who come here with a complaint about the Pre. Some of us have been very happy with our phones, but others have not.

    Some days, I see several threads pointing out these issues, and I must say that I really don't like them. I really don't like reading the posts about the guy who returned his Pre for the 700,000th time, and that he would really want a battery that works or a Pre that does not resemble a popular snack cookie.

    It absolutely drives me nuts when someone comes into the Pre forum and complains. I think that it might be because I like the Pre and do not have the problems they mention, but I think it bugs others because they take critical statements about the Pre as a personal blow to their man/womanhood. The most common reply on threads such as these is one word:

    TROLL

    It seems rather harsh call someone a troll who brings up an issue they might be having with the Pre. We all want the Pre to succeed, so why not allow people to voice their opinion in an open environment like this. Especially one that we know that Palm frequents to gauge where they are on certain things. Use the word Troll sparingly, and I think we might get more done.

    As a final thought, if you post something critical about the Pre, don't follow that up with, "I am going to get an Iphone". Not only are you thus correctly labeled a troll, but you truely have too much time on your hands.
    Dude get real! User forums will ALWAYS be a magnet for product complaints, as well as questions, and also, sycophantic posts by fanbois. You aren't going to affect how forums work. GIVE IT UP! LOL!!!

    oh.....TROLL!!!!
  8. #8  
    First, you said this:

    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    It seems that the atmosphere can be kinda toxic to many who come here with a complaint about the Pre.
    But then you said this:

    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    It absolutely drives me nuts when someone comes into the Pre forum and complains.
    Which one is it?
  9. diomark's Avatar
    Posts
    752 Posts
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by gedster314 View Post
    The pre is a finger print magnet.
    Battery life sucks.
    Browser kind of sucks.

    Are you burning up yet. I'm still getting use to it. I'm coming from Winmo so I'm use to putting up with crap I don't like.

    Nothing is perfect. If you enjoy it, that's all that matters. F' the rest!
    LOL - coming from wm6, battery life and battery are so much better


    -m
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    Dude get real! User forums will ALWAYS be a magnet for product complaints, as well as questions, and also, sycophantic posts by fanbois. You aren't going to affect how forums work. GIVE IT UP! LOL!!!

    oh.....TROLL!!!!
    I don't mind complaints, just hate reading them. This is a good place for them, though, because of the insight it may give Palm into the issues that they are experiencing. Obviously, you did not get my point, or chose to overlook it.

    It is kinda funny, yet so incredibly lame, that you continue to come to PreCentral.net to berate and belittle the threads/posts here. It is obvious that you do not like the Pre, and I wish you well with whatever you decide to use to fulfill your wireless needs.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan.lynch View Post
    First, you said this:



    But then you said this:



    Which one is it?
    This:

    It seems rather harsh call someone a troll who brings up an issue they might be having with the Pre. We all want the Pre to succeed, so why not allow people to voice their opinion in an open environment like this. Especially one that we know that Palm frequents to gauge where they are on certain things. Use the word Troll sparingly, and I think we might get more done.
    I hate reading them, but don't flame all over them for their opinion.
  12. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    As a final thought, if you post something critical about the Pre, don't follow that up with, "I am going to get an Iphone". Not only are you thus correctly labeled a troll, but you truely have too much time on your hands.
    Why not? Isn't that the standard thought process when you are dissatisfied with a product? If you're upset at you're Honda then you start thinking of a Toyota. And if you are annoyed by the Pre then you consider the iPhone. It's not a malicious attack, it's smart shopping.

    [This isn't aimed at anyone specific]
    Anyone getting offended by the public decision process of anonymous internet strangers really has to reconsider what exactly is going wrong with their life because it really shouldn't matter what phone some weirdo behind the pseudonym uses.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    I hate reading them, but don't flame all over them for their opinion.
    Got it.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Why not? Isn't that the standard thought process when you are dissatisfied with a product? If you're upset at you're Honda then you start thinking of a Toyota. And if you are annoyed by the Pre then you consider the iPhone. It's not a malicious attack, it's smart shopping.
    The fact that you found problems with the Pre is totally fine with me. The fact that you decided on the IPhone really has no bearing on the discussion. Really, it's like breaking up with your girlfriend and telling her that it was because she was too fat, and then telling her as you walked away that you liked her sister better.

    You had a lovely goodbye story, and I am happy you are happy with the IPhone... kumbaya and all that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Anyone getting offended by the public decision process of anonymous internet strangers really has to reconsider what exactly is going wrong with their life because it really shouldn't matter what phone some weirdo behind the pseudonym uses.
    I agree with you on this one. Ones personal happiness should not be based upon the choices of others.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Why not? Isn't that the standard thought process when you are dissatisfied with a product? If you're upset at you're Honda then you start thinking of a Toyota. And if you are annoyed by the Pre then you consider the iPhone. It's not a malicious attack, it's smart shopping.

    [This isn't aimed at anyone specific]
    Anyone getting offended by the public decision process of anonymous internet strangers really has to reconsider what exactly is going wrong with their life because it really shouldn't matter what phone some weirdo behind the pseudonym uses.
    Smart shopping? It's not that we don't find it to be a "malicious attack", its that we just dont want to hear someone whine and waste a thread saying how much they hate the pre. We have heard it all before so it's not really something new....
  16. Omega33's Avatar
    Posts
    113 Posts
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    #16  
    I think it's funny that some people actually get worked up over reading what some people think of a phone ( or any product really ) on any forum. I just don't get it. I read the good and the negative posts the same. Sometimes i make a point to read the negative ones first. I know whats good about a product so whats important to me is what isn't good about it. I read then make my own judgement.

    As far a the people that do come here to do nothing but bash the Pre over and over and over, yeah they should move on.

    At the end of the day it's still just a phone lol
  17. #17  
    "bringing up an issue" and "whining like a little you know what" are not the same thing.
  18. #18  
    I know I'm guilty, it's just that when I started here right after I bought the Pre it seemed like half the people on here were just trolling. You couldn't post anything without some guy with an iPhone jumping in and making generalizations about how much the Pre sucks. I do want to hear both the good and the bad, just not from a troll.

    Seems like they've mostly lost interest now and have returned back under the bridge.
  19. #19  
    tl;dr

  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    I don't mind complaints, just hate reading them. This is a good place for them, though, because of the insight it may give Palm into the issues that they are experiencing. Obviously, you did not get my point, or chose to overlook it.

    It is kinda funny, yet so incredibly lame, that you continue to come to PreCentral.net to berate and belittle the threads/posts here. It is obvious that you do not like the Pre, and I wish you well with whatever you decide to use to fulfill your wireless needs.
    and you missed the point that I invested a huge amount of my time and attention towards the Pre, due to pre-release hype--hype that wasn't lived up to by the device. Upon seeing it in person, both my wife and I were immediately turned off by the tiny fonts and screen. Couple that with a lack of voice dialing, and it's a no-go for us. That doesn't mean I have to slink away into hiding, because I didn't BUY a Pre. I also have no problem with responding to folks such as yourself who feel only Pre fans should be allowed to post here. You might as well get used to the fact that I will drop in from time to time to express my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, don't worry--there's plenty more where they came from.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions