Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega33 View Post
    I think it's funny that some people actually get worked up over reading what some people think of a phone ( or any product really ) on any forum. I just don't get it. I read the good and the negative posts the same. Sometimes i make a point to read the negative ones first. I know whats good about a product so whats important to me is what isn't good about it. I read then make my own judgement.

As far a the people that do come here to do nothing but bash the Pre over and over and over, yeah they should move on.

At the end of the day it's still just a phone lol
    I wrote something to that effect a day or two ago, I think it was..."IT'S JUST A PHONE!!!". (For those of you who don't "get it", it's a reference to a line in American Beauty, only the object of discussion was a couch)
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    and you missed the point that I invested a huge amount of my time and attention towards the Pre, due to pre-release hype--hype that wasn't lived up to by the device. Upon seeing it in person, both my wife and I were immediately turned off by the tiny fonts and screen. Couple that with a lack of voice dialing, and it's a no-go for us. That doesn't mean I have to slink away into hiding, because I didn't BUY a Pre. I also have no problem with responding to folks such as yourself who feel only Pre fans should be allowed to post here. You might as well get used to the fact that I will drop in from time to time to express my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, don't worry--there's plenty more where they came from.
    Are you seriously telling me that you have Palms best interest at heart here? It's not that you don't like the Pre, many are in your same boat. It's just that you are here to criticize anyone and everything.

It is funny that you would even attack my posts even though the original post specifically shows my distaste for flaming on the disenters. You can have whatever view you want about the Pre, as it has no bearing on my view on the phone.

As for the "It's Just A Phone" comment, if that is true, why are you here then?
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Are you seriously telling me that you have Palms best interest at heart here? It's not that you don't like the Pre, many are in your same boat. It's just that you are here to criticize anyone and everything.

It is funny that you would even attack my posts even though the original post specifically shows my distaste for flaming on the disenters. You can have whatever view you want about the Pre, as it has no bearing on my view on the phone.

DUHHHHH pogeypetey, "1812Dave" if you haven't noticed translates to: "I ate one too Dave." He's only concerned with getting some when he's here. He is here to TROLL. Pogey... sometimes a TROLL is a TROLL
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post

Where on earth did u get the idea that I care two shakes about Palm, Inc????

Just because I referenced a funny line in a movie I like, doesn't mean I'm not in the market for a new phone. Here's a quarter...now go buy a CLUE!
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    DUHHHHH pogeypetey, "1812Dave" if you haven't noticed translates to: "I ate one too Dave." He's only concerned with getting some when he's here. He is here to TROLL. Pogey... sometimes a TROLL is a TROLL
    Exactly, there are people in here who's sole purpose is to ignite a flame war. Maybe because they own a competing product and are jealous (in which case they need to constantly prove that their's is better), or they enjoy the attention. They are nothing but trolls. And IMO, they should be called out and labeled as such as their rants do nothing but clutter the forum with misinformation sprinked with some facts which in turn take attention away from the legitimate threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    You guys crack me up! You are so insecure, that it riles you up to no end, to hear anyone disparage a product you bought. Sad!
    TROLL, laughing TROLL, ehhh, what's the difference. And who cares?! Hey, "I ate one too Dave" is your mouth full yet?
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    Please don't feed the troll!! (And especially don't quote him. That circumvents my ignore setting.)
    Here boy... Here boy... Got some chewy salted nuT ROLL for ya!
    Last edited by Spydrbutt; 08/06/2009 at 08:24 PM.
    Originally posted by 1812dave:

. . and you missed the point that I invested a huge amount of my time and attention towards the Pre, due to pre-release hype--hype that wasn't lived up to by the device. Upon seeing it in person, both my wife and I were immediately turned off by the tiny fonts and screen. Couple that with a lack of voice dialing, and it's a no-go for us. That doesn't mean I have to slink away into hiding, because I didn't BUY a Pre. I also have no problem with responding to folks such as yourself who feel only Pre fans should be allowed to post here. You might as well get used to the fact that I will drop in from time to time to express my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, don't worry--there's plenty more where they came from.
    Thanks for letting me know you don't own the phone and walked off w/o giving it a try. I'll add you to my ignore list. It's not that you aren't entitled to your opinion, I simply prefer that my time be used to read posts made by Pre owners who can share their hands-on insight or opinions.
    Last edited by bdhu2001; 08/06/2009 at 08:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Thanks for letting me know you don't own the phone and walked off w/o giving it a try. I'll add you to my ignore list. It's not that you aren't entitled to your opinion, I simply prefer that my time to read post be post made by Pre owners who can share their hands-on insight or opinions.
    Hear, Hear!
    The problem isn't having something negative to say about the pre. I have said negative things about the pre (in that those are aspects I'd like to have improved or added etc). However I've not been flamed or called troll or anything like that. The problem is the ones being flamed or called troll are not just saying negative things about the pre, palm, webOS they are also not being constructive with their post or bothering to discuss their issues to try and resolve them or even tried to resolve them with support or by use of the vast resources of the internet before they come to the forum to make their tantrum public and the fact that they returned their pre blah blah. This is in addition to the those that post fake stories to stir things up. So some people get kind of turned off by anyone saying anything negative and jump on them.

However many of us want to help people resolve their issues if we can. But some people just want to come here to complain and that generally doesn't help anyone. Everyone coming here that wishes to complain should keep in mind to make their posts constructive offering suggestions to how to improve things etc so that palm and 3rd parties can perhaps make things better for that person. I personally have looked at every thread that has been posted since launch day some I just read the OP and scanned the rest of the thread looking for key details others read in full. My purpose is to help people, learn things I may not know so I can help people better, and contribute to constructive discussion to make webOS be the best.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12